Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
About 2,000 - so not an excessive amount. The rims haven't worn out - I was rather hoping that it would have lasted a few more years

Maybe it just needs the spoke replacing and the wheel retensioning. I had that with a wheel half way through a ride this year 1 spoke went and I carried on then about a mile from my house they all started going, but I reckon if I could have made it home and taken it to be retensioned it would probably have been ok.

Books, Music, Bike and the Radio, now where's that desert island ?
upload_2013-10-30_10-51-21.jpeg

Frood42

I know where my towel is
I have broken 3 spokes and a wheel this year.
I think I overtightened a spoke and it pulled through the wheel leaving a big hole... :cry:

I was not impressed, I had about 10miles to ride to the nearest bike shop, as I was out in the middle of nowhere on the Lee Valley Walkway at the time...
It also meant I was off the bike for a week while they got a spare wheel in.

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
So have you worked out where your next tour will be yet Rocky ?

I think you should tour the Tea thread posters locations. The Tea thread tour by Rocky, you could take along @coffeejo who could write the travelogue and get @Rickshaw Phil to be the official cameraman.

We could all then join you for different legs of the tour.

potsy

Rambler
I suspect your wheels will be fine :thumbsup:

I weight 13 stone 3 lbs - so am not particularly heavy. The roads round here are very potholed but I don't think it's that - I just think it's bad luck.
Bloomin' lightweights :laugh:

I have only ever had 1 spoke go, which is pretty good considering my weight and the mileage I do, and my wheels are 20/24 spoke jobbies.

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
:hello: Got to get an earlier train as my usual one is already showing delayed:wacko:

Have a good day all and remember i may be viewing from afar, possibly not able to respond at the time BUT @potsy i'll be watching and saving my answers for later:hyper:

Speicher

Vice Admiral
It was a blue car, yes. It was difficult to see the badge on the boot of the car. Isn't TVC working again today? Though he did say he preferred the houses with the field at the back.:blink:

The local CPL are very good. They will tell me the brief history of the cats that might be suitable. Then last time they had a sort of map of the cages, and put the names of the suitable ones.

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
Bertha is now all lovely lights all working and gears behaving, Mr Urge did show Squidge lots and he is a very happy little boy, they had to move the lesson indoors to the dining room., I could hear lots of laughter and Mr Urge said he did really well. There is less cake available to you lot now as Mr Urge got given a rather large piece to take away with him, however Gingerbread Biscuits will be available after small people have stuffed their faces with lunch and done the rolling, cutting & baking bit....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom