Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
Yes @potsy idkwym

Mr P furnished me with a large tin of celebrations I was peering for distraction before I am sick from eating most some of them.

The wrapping paper is dry but it is out of the way pegged up n the indoor wool washing type line so it can stay there.

I think User76 was over enthusiastic "sealing" her pot and that is why the emulsion is doing odd cracky things on the outside!

Time for a big mug of :cuppa: (sports direct size @ColinJ no less)

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
I am not here :headshake:

phil_hg_uk

How did the windows conversion/upgrade go today? Did you get them all done?

And more important, how was the coffee?

Coffee was ok, it was supposed to take a couple of hours today which I knew it wouldn't.

By the close of play we had got the software to work on 1 PC and upgraded another but it had taken nearly 6 hours, got to go back tomorrow and do the email on that PC then on thursday can start the other PC that needs doing.

phil_hg_uk

Couldn't you sell them some newer PCs with more RAM...then the upgrade would have been quicker?

The problem is they are running 16 bit software that was written over 15 years ago and are too tight to buy the latest software which costs thousands.

The old PC's were running XP and would run the software ,but they want to upgrade to much faster PC's so we have gone to Windows 7 Pro so we dont have the RAM limitations of XP and we can go 64 but.

I have got the software to work in an XP Virtual Machine but there have been all sorts of problems making the software talk to the 16 bit database, but I finally got it working this afternoon now I have to sort out the other stuff they want setting up.

potsy

Rambler
The problem is they are running 16 bit software that was written over 15 years ago and are too tight to buy the latest software which costs thousands.

The old PC's were running XP and would run the software ,but they want to upgrade to much faster PC's so we have gone to Windows 7 Pro so we dont have the RAM limitations of XP and we can go 64 but.

I have got the software to work in an XP Virtual Machine but there have been all sorts of problems making the software talk to the 16 bit database, but I finally got it working this afternoon now I have to sort out the other stuff they want setting up.
Did you try turning it off and on again? :thumbsup:

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
I would have tried one of these first

monkey_wrench.jpg
Really? Most computers don't appear to have any nuts that big.:scratch:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom