Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
I think you can get specific superglue now for plastic. I'm sure I have got some somewhere.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Araldite might not be that great. I've never had much success with it on the oily looking plastics such as polythene.
You might be right about the 'oily' plastics. They seem to be the ones that Superglue won't stick to e.g. the broken mounting bracket for my GPS.

Araldite definitely works very well with 'drier' plastics though. The baggage handlers at either Manchester or Alicante airport dropped my £350 Scicon bike box onto one corner and trashed it. I bought a thin sheet of aluminium and cut and bent it to the right shape to reinforce the corner of the box and used Araldite to bond it in place. It formed an incredibly strong bond.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I don't think I would be allowed to use superglue. Mr d thinks I am a a danger. Mainly to myself I might add. I would probably glue myself to something.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I
Is something going to happen?

Didn't you see it. ? Everyone else did

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
You might be right about the 'oily' plastics. They seem to be the ones that Superglue won't stick to e.g. the broken mounting bracket for my GPS.

Araldite definitely works very well with 'drier' plastics though. The baggage handlers at either Manchester or Alicante airport dropped my £350 Scicon bike box onto one corner and trashed it. I bought a thin sheet of aluminium and cut and bent it to the right shape to reinforce the corner of the box and used Araldite to bond it in place. It formed an incredibly strong bond.
Agreed. It worked well fixing our Dyson when the handle snapped off too.:thumbsup:

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
Oh the mess of crafty things , still picking up bits of sticks . They were making bonfire pictures.

Yep dining room table cloth does indeed glow now.

At the risked of being called dim by @potsy what is " fairies in a jar" ?

Get your jar put glitter in it
IMGP2949.JPG

Add the contents of a glow stick
IMGP2952.JPG

Put on lid & shake

IMGP2956.JPG

Close curtains, get under the table to see it

IMGP2962.JPG

Ta-Dah! Fairies in a jar

IMGP2963.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.