Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Frood42

I know where my towel is
The Guardian article also reminded me of the Doc Brown rap about making a proper cup of tea, in internet terms it's probably quite an old video, but it does make me chuckle (caution, some strong language, and yes that's right, the milk should not go in first :thumbsup:).

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
Awaits froods views on jaffa cakes before deciding whether or not to put him on the ignore list :whistle:

Do you mean
I need to ask you something
and I want you to be totally
honest with me. It might be
awkward between us after this
but I have to know how you feel.
I have kept it in for a while
now but I think it's finally time
I be straight up and just confront u
I hope this doesn't ruin the relationship
we already have. I just need to know
and I don't see any other way I could
get over this. Just doesn't seem fair
on me if I don't get an answer.
I want you to tell me truthfully,
no matter how harsh it is. I just want your
honest opinion.....
Would U say a jaffa cake is a biscuit?

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
I quite like Lemon Puffs if they are offered but I wouldn't buy them and I wouldn't turn down a malted milk either.

I cannot talk to you anymore you have vile vile vile tastes in biscuits! :smile:

Lemon puffs are THE most disgusting invention ever, malted milk are only to be eaten if they come in a multi pack and you have nothing else.

I like iced rings too:ohmy:
And me. Still buy them occasionally.
Jammie dodgers are as per the filling-removing description and are xx(, but the ones with buttercream stuff in are :hungry:. Waitrose do their own brand and I buy them often every now and then.
Coconut cream bikkies are quite nice too :thumbsup:
Edit/ and I like shortbread...

Frood42

I know where my towel is
What about penguins and club biscuits? Do they count as biscuits?

waits for someone to post image of feathered penguins....

They are choc bars, and the guardian writer shows me to be correct :tongue:

Anything individually wrapped and entirely covered in chocolate, eg Penguins, Clubs, Wagon Wheels, Viscount. They aren't biscuits, they're biscuit bars or even chocolate. Or not chocolate exactly, but certainly chocolate-led. Ask yourself this, has anyone ever said: "Mmm, this Club is lovely, but what would make it even better is if they just put a little less chocolate on it?" Of course they haven't. In this case, the biscuit is merely a vehicle for the delivery of chocolate, which you nibble off, before begrudgingly eating the biscuit. Next you'll be claiming that Twix, Kit Kats, Time Outs and Tunnock's caramel wafers are biscuits. Which they're not. Did your "biscuit box" contain all of the above when you were growing up? You know what you were? Spoiled.

The article writer just says it better than I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom