Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TVC

All the women of tea do seem to start boozing early in the evening, just an observation.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Can I ask a very boringly question about laundry pouches, and or laundry powder stuff?

I usually buy the "colour care" version of laundry liquid etc, but these are increasingly hard to find. What does Bio and non-bio mean in relation to laundry? Does the non-bio one contain bleach? I look after my clotheses and do not want my darker items to fade from black, for instance, to dark grey.
Currently I use Mr Waitrose's colour care capsules or Mr Persil's small and mighty colour care ones, depending which ones are on special offer when I do an on-line order from Ocado.

I am guessing that Puddles might know the answer to this. TVC might even know the scientifical details.

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
Can I ask a very boringly question about laundry pouches, and or laundry powder stuff?

I usually buy the "colour care" version of laundry liquid etc, but these are increasingly hard to find. What does Bio and non-bio mean in relation to laundry? Does the non-bio one contain bleach? I look after my clotheses and do not want my darker items to fade from black, for instance, to dark grey.
Currently I use Mr Waitrose's colour care capsules or Mr Persil's small and mighty colour care ones, depending which ones are on special offer when I do an on-line order from Ocado.

I am guessing that Puddles might know the answer to this. TVC might even know the scientifical details.
Bio(logical) means it has little enzymes in them that eat stains up and do this at lower temperatures. Non-bio means no enzymes.

Keeping black black, wash on a cold setting, turn clothing inside out, and wash the same colours together.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Thank you. Are either of them less irritant than the other? I would not say that I have sensitive skin, but some strong laundry powders have, on occasion, made my skin itchy. Which do you use on the small people's clothing?

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
Thank you. Are either of them less irritant than the other? I would not say that I have sensitive skin, but some strong laundry powders have, on occasion, made my skin itchy. Which do you use on the small people's clothing?

People say non-bio is supposed to be more sensitive, although nothing has proved this at all, small people do not have sensitive skin I use whatever is cheapest from Makro in the huge 10Kg boxes...

When Squidge was little and new I did the whole Fairy Non-Bio thing, never have since.

I use, vinegar & bicarb a lot as I use the 0 degree temperature thing on the machine.

Washing dark clothes in vinegar on a cold wash first is supposed to assist in "setting" the dye I never have tried this tho.

All the women of tea do seem to start boozing early in the evening, just an observation.
It's late for me! Work hinders an early start :laugh:

Night Train

Maker of Things
Avoid using bio if your cats sit in/on the laundry.

One of my cats used to sit in the laundry basket and all his fur came off in a 'tide line' where he was in contact with the clothes. The vet was baffled and the hair loss wasn't solved until we changed to non bio. Then all his fur grew back.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Avoid using bio if your cats sit in/on the laundry.

One of my cats used to sit in the laundry basket and all his fur came off in a 'tide line' where he was in contact with the clothes. The vet was baffled and the hair loss wasn't solved until we changed to non bio. Then all his fur grew back.
If it does that to cats, what does it do to people! :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom