Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

somewhere in america

member of the unknown
Welcome back, most of us are tucked up In our beds right now, or clearing up tbe jam stains (long story). Hope you're well.

I'm laying in bed too (back is sore) waiting for the rice to become sticky!

somewhere in america

member of the unknown
Nothing serious I hope, what are you having with the sticky rice?

Nothing but plain sticky rice.

Google says it is a ginger beer and bitters non alcoholic cocktail, new one on me.

I take that back. The author of the book that has the word in it is from Ireland, so I'm guessing it's Irish... sou We just call it ginger beer here

classic33

Leg End Member
Anyone have an idea as to what "rock shandy" is I think it's Aussie.
Its a watered down version of ginger beer. You can also use lemonade, mixed in an equal amount of ginger beer, however you decide to dilute it. As with nearly all fancy drinks its served up with ice. Thus diluting it further.
Alcoholic ginger beer can be used to "give your drink that extra kick". It'll have that much water in it that I don't think you'd notice the alcohol, until you'd had more than a few.
Also known as a "Gunner".

classic33

Leg End Member
Since no-ones offerring, "Kettles on", get it whilst its hot.
Upandat'em, morning will soon be breaking & you don't want to miss that, do you?

somewhere in america

member of the unknown
Its a watered down version of ginger beer. You can also use lemonade, mixed in an equal amount of ginger beer, however you decide to dilute it. As with nearly all fancy drinks its served up with ice. Thus diluting it further.
Alcoholic ginger beer can be used to "give your drink that extra kick". It'll have that much water in it that I don't think you'd notice the alcohol, until you'd had more than a few.
Also known as a "Gunner".

I did some reading about ginger brew beer which apparently waas first made in Yorkshire (and still is I guess). I also read a rock shandy is usually non alcoholic but seems to differ greatly by location. Since the author of the book is from "Dublin" and given some of the words I'd say the author is from Ireland and most likely this is where the majority of the story takes place (but apparently in a fictitious town ). In Ireland, rock shandy is a premixed soda of orange and lemon flavored sodas.... in the story this seems he most probable given the context.
I wasn't sure where the story took place other then somewhere using a "kings English" and ruling out England since she flew to England later on towards the end of the book.

New word differences I learned
shopping cart= trolley
rain coat= mack
carryout= takeaway

Still trying to figure out what a CV is (in relation to job hunting)
and what the HMV is.

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
Um.....:unsure:

No.

It's a scraper for scraping the labels off jars so that I can reuse them. I soak them for a while when I get them out of the recycling, but most of the labels still need to be scraped off. I've been using my thumbnail, but I was starting to get RSI doing that. The curved edge is shaped to a 'blade', and it works really well. There's still a bit of glue residue, but that comes off with a scourer.

^_^

Arhh that true love having one of those made for you.:wub:

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
I did some reading about ginger brew beer which apparently waas first made in Yorkshire (and still is I guess). I also read a rock shandy is usually non alcoholic but seems to differ greatly by location. Since the author of the book is from "Dublin" and given some of the words I'd say the author is from Ireland and most likely this is where the majority of the story takes place (but apparently in a fictitious town ). In Ireland, rock shandy is a premixed soda of orange and lemon flavored sodas.... in the story this seems he most probable given the context.
I wasn't sure where the story took place other then somewhere using a "kings English" and ruling out England since she flew to England later on towards the end of the book.

New word differences I learned
shopping cart= trolley
rain coat= mack
carryout= takeaway

Still trying to figure out what a CV is (in relation to job hunting)
and what the HMV is.

CV = resume (Curriculum Vitae)
HMV = Is the name of a shop that sells media stuff, music, DVD's, Games etc

Well done on the mileage

Morning :cuppa: please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom