Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
That's terrible , some people are real shts. When they use religion it beggars belief. My Step mother ( devout C of E , rings bells ,sings in choir)
told Mrs C that are daughter should of been aborted!! No easy solution :hugs:

I even spoke to the local priest who up there in some small villages is practically their god, to try and understand some of the stuff she spouted, I was not raised christian my parents were peace n love hippies I was raised with a more pagan way, and I saw him to try and understand, he knew her from his congregation for many years and lets just say I was shocked at what he said cos up until then I thought priests would always tell you to sort things out and try to bring family together. He didn't he didn't even advocate attempting to sort it out with her (we did try after we moved but she claimed she could not remember anything at all and that Mr P needed pills from the Doctor for his mental disorder!!!!!) and strongly advocated cutting her out of our life and moving.

I just hate that we cannot just go and enjoy this lovely event without a big black cloud hovering she is they type to come up and be all in your face and lovely in public as if she never did a thing wrong.

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
My maternal grandmother was Jewish ( Jewish blood passes down the mothers line etc, she has since died) anyway she married my grandpa a RC so she gets disowned blah blah.

She has 3 children and gets letters saying the chidren are demons/devils and all things not Jewish. She stays away from horrid family and moves on.

My dad being the child of a Jewess is Jewish, he married a RC, my mum. Im born and the horrid letters start again despite no contact with said Jewish side for years. My mum has now gone Cof E and has become very active in the church (:banghead: it drives us all mad) despite seeing at first hand what religion does.

Now i know full well that this is a despicable example of a Jewish family, i have met many wonderful families from all backgrounds in my time on this earth and am not at all jaded by it, just them as individuals. However some people seem to find great delight in causing misery and mayhem in families.

Why ?

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
I even spoke to the local priest who up there in some small villages is practically their god, to try and understand some of the stuff she spouted, I was not raised christian my parents were peace n love hippies I was raised with a more pagan way, and I saw him to try and understand, he knew her from his congregation for many years and lets just say I was shocked at what he said cos up until then I thought priests would always tell you to sort things out and try to bring family together. He didn't he didn't even advocate attempting to sort it out with her (we did try after we moved but she claimed she could not remember anything at all and that Mr P needed pills from the Doctor for his mental disorder!!!!!) and strongly advocated cutting her out of our life and moving.

I just hate that we cannot just go and enjoy this lovely event without a big black cloud hovering she is they type to come up and be all in your face and lovely in public as if she never did a thing wrong.

@Puddles make sure you go, make sure you enjoy and celebrate the joyus event with your nice BIL. That woman is in the minority, don't let her stop you doing anything else in your life.

GM

Legendary Member
I went out today for my ride on my Thorn Raven - it's a trekking bike with 26x2 dureme tyres, a rear rack and has Rohloff gears. It's quite slow (or should I post, I'm quite slow) and I averaged about 13mph for the ride. After a couple of hours I was getting a little fed up with three things: (i) being ignored by cyclists who would normally wave (or at least acknowledge me) when I'm on my road bike (ii) being passed by cyclists who insist on getting really close (certainly close enough for me to smell their BO) - I like a little space so that I can avoid the humungous potholes round our way and having someone riding by who is soooooooo close really annoys me. (iii) huge groups of cyclists who think that they could beat Wiggo and his Sky team. They tend to take up the whole carriageway and make the other road users really angry.

So I came back feeling quite miserable with certain members of the north London cycling fraternity. I think I need a few route where there are no cyclists.......I may try the M1 tomorrow :giggle:

I know exactly what you mean. Sometimes I go out just for a pootle on the hybrid or the bromie and l'll be lucky to get a couple of waves, but I'll wave to anyone even the postman on his bike. It's not just our area though, I've found it the same all over the country. Bike snobs:thumbsdown:

Puddles

@Puddles make sure you go, make sure you enjoy and celebrate the joyus event with your nice BIL. That woman is in the minority, don't let her stop you doing anything else in your life.

We are going we have to go, if we don't we will upset nice brother, we would not do that for the world, Nice cousin will be there too (she calls MIL the "Evil Aunt" ) we like her too, "I" do not know anyone else, Mr P obviously does, main thing Mr P is annoyed about is he knows MIL has told lots of lies about what has happened to the more far flung relatives that will be there and we say nothing, cos why? and to what end? and that sort of stuff.

It all so icky, but nice brother who is mischievious imp, did ask if I would be sky clad (naked - he was taking mickey) and if not sky clad in honour of his nuptials would I be in my ritual cloak and please wear the correct flowers so I thinks he may be more aware of things than he lets on.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
On a more frivolous note, bunny broth was :hungry::hungry::hungry: though I wish I'd boned him when I paunched him and put him in the freezer. Never do, always wish I had. :rolleyes:

Plenty leftover to divvy up into containers and put in the freezer :hungry:

My Mother often cooked bunny for tea. It was all the bones, big ones, and the tiddley ickle ones that put me off.

Puddles

On a more frivolous note, bunny broth was :hungry::hungry::hungry: though I wish I'd boned him when I paunched him and put him in the freezer. Never do, always wish I had. :rolleyes:

Plenty leftover to divvy up into containers and put in the freezer :hungry:

Sounds Yummy! We had jacket potato and tuna for dinner - v boring User76 threw a tired hissy fit at bedtime and is now fast asleep

potsy

Rambler
Watch your back, bumpkin :whistle:

roadkill-bunny-630x210.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom