Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If you're not happy about the change - talk to me. There's no need to re-create this thread in the Cafe. It's here, use it.

I've got a pretty full day today so won't get to your feedback until later, but the main point of the move was to give some space to newer Cafe threads - this and the other threads are as much a part of CC as everything else, but they do dominate the first page of the Cafe.

You can still see the threads in New Posts and you still get alerts, so they are still as easily accessible as before.

Is it the fact that new posts won't count towards your post total?
Yes!
There are plenty of non-cycling related topics and threads on the go, but only those that get locked in the giant cupboard get docked posts?

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Yes.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Personally I don't care about post counts etc but instead believe that popular threads draw people in so they become part of the community and stay on the site. Hiding them away is counter-intuitive.

Besides, look at all this wasted white space in the cafe now:
cc white space.jpg

I honestly don't see how that's better than the 6(!!!!!!!) BCTs that have been updated since midnight.

Gromit

Über Member
What is it you're struggling with? Content? Structure?

Have a think about what you'd expect to learn from a lecture on a subject - I mean obviously, you wouldn't know what you were going to learn, because you don't know it yet, but generally, what would you come away from thinking "Oh, good, I know the right stuff now".

:cuppa:

I know what I want I need to teach them as it is in my SOW. I'm struggling with structuring, timing and having to brush up on my knowledge. It is not helping having to relearn, and learn lots of stuff. :wacko:

Shaun

Founder
Having looked into it, it seems the software has retroactively discounted posts from people who've posted in the large threads.

That wasn't intended so I'll sort it - but it might not be until later.

TVC

If you're not happy about the change - talk to me. There's no need to re-create this thread in the Cafe. It's here, use it.

I've got a pretty full day today so won't get to your feedback until later, but the main point of the move was to give some space to newer Cafe threads - this and the other threads are as much a part of CC as everything else, but they do dominate the first page of the Cafe.

You can still see the threads in New Posts and you still get alerts, so they are still as easily accessible as before.

Yes. I can understand moving stuff around, but not counting posts just seems like some sort of punishmrnt, thanks for sorting it, I kinda love you again.

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
Yay! and on tea related notes

Can someone keep handing me them, I am attempting to fix stupid spotlights in kitchen I hate them why do I need 10 lights in there if I had it my way I would plaster over the holes and have a nice strip light, yes a nasty tube thing, I have broken several nails, taught User76 a swear word (she is bathing in the sink and now saying what sounds like the f-word) there is blood lots of blood, I have managed to change one lamp I may decide one is enough as Mr P usually does that sort of thing but has been lax and I ended up with kitchen via torchlight last night.

Mattonsea

Über Member
Yay! and on tea related notes

Can someone keep handing me them, I am attempting to fix stupid spotlights in kitchen I hate them why do I need 10 lights in there if I had it my way I would plaster over the holes and have a nice strip light, yes a nasty tube thing, I have broken several nails, taught User76 a swear word (she is bathing in the sink and now saying what sounds like the f-word) there is blood lots of blood, I have managed to change one lamp I may decide one is enough as Mr P usually does that sort of thing but has been lax and I ended up with kitchen via torchlight last night.
You can get a little sucker thing that suction cups on the bulb. :hello:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom