Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lullabelle

Banana
Do you still think TVC looks silly in lycra

DSCN0935.JPG

potsy

Rambler
:rofl:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Ah, :cuppa:. Been to B and Q to buy some odds and end, and to look at flooring (just to see examples, as there are cheaper outlets). Result, I now know much more about laminate and wood flooring. :thumbsup: Also, I know how much it costs!:cry:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Still pondering tablets... IIRC, @Rockymountain has an iPad? @ColinJ has a Galaxy Tab? and @phil_hg_uk has a Nexus? What to do, what to choose?
I bought my Mk 1 Galaxy Tab last year using a windfall Council Tax rebate, on Phil's recommendation. It is one of the best tech buys I ever made! I use the device every day; in fact, I am on it now.

I bought the 8.9 inch model, which I consider to be a very good size compromise. I would go smaller, rather than bigger. Too big and the device is competing with a laptop, whereas 7 inches is still a lot more screen area than the biggest smartphone.

Battery life is brilliant. I get about 10 hours use from one charge, so I typically recharge the Tab every 3 days or so. It can remain in standby for weeks so I never switch it fully off. It comes out of standby in about 1 second, and the wifi locks on in a couple of seconds. I keep the Tab by my side when watching TV or reading, so I can fire it up and be searching for information incredibly quickly.

Portability is great, so my laptop doesn't get to travel with me now.

Whatever tablet you choose, be aware that they do not work well in sunlight. If you want to read ebooks outdoors, buy a Kindle, Nook, whatever ...

I recommend that you buy a decent case. I bought the official Samsung one which is pricey, but worth it for the protection that it offers. I use a stylus to keep the screen clear of greasy fingerprints, and to make clicking on links easier. If you want to type a lot, you can always use a Bluetooth keyboard.

Lullabelle

Banana
It's my auntie's 90th - we are just back and it's been a hoot. :thumbsup:

Congratulations to your auntie :cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom