Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
The big question is, will @Rockymountain be frequenting the coffee shops in Amsterdam over the weekend ? :whistle:

P1010033_2_zpsc58db6e4.jpg

TVC

Possibly, he already has a £20 a day Sanatogen habit.

Arch

Married to Night Train
We had a Nigel Slater inspired dinner tonight, pork and blackberries.
IMAG1024.jpg

His version was a shoulder joint marinaded in crushed blackberries and then roasted. We only had pork steaks, so I marinaded them for a little while in blackberries, and then pan fried them, and de-glazed the pan afterwards with cider to made the gravy, Very good!

No photo of the crumble, we didn't hang around! There's still half left for tomorrow. I surprised NT with a pot of lactofree cream to go with it. :hungry:

We've got a very hectic weekend, so that might be last proper meal we get until Monday....

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Tonight, I am mostly :banghead::cry::wacko:

In additional to everything else Just Not Working, Windows is insisting that my external hard drive is still in use and can't be unplugged even though I've not used it for 4-5 hours now. Contains all my backups etc so not very keen on just pulling the plug.

Arch

Married to Night Train
I have occasionally resorted to just unplugging a USB stick or similar when the laptop refuses to eject it. Not had a problem. But I'd hate to be responsible for losing your backup!

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
Tonight, I am mostly :banghead::cry::wacko:

In additional to everything else Just Not Working, Windows is insisting that my external hard drive is still in use and can't be unplugged even though I've not used it for 4-5 hours now. Contains all my backups etc so not very keen on just pulling the plug.

If you shutdown the computer, the proper way, it should release the file lock and then unplug the drive while the pc is off.

TVC

So when are we coming round for tea then Arch?:hungry:

Jo, just unplug it, go on live dangerously :whistle:

Vertigo challenge eh? Sounds good to me

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
If you shutdown the computer, the proper way, it should release the file lock and then unplug the drive while the pc is off.

I'd :smooch: but wouldn't want to scare you before I attempt to fix the CD rom :thumbsup:

re: vertigo challenge, I was listening to the Clare Balding 'Rambling' podcast the other day and she was out walking in Scotland with a man who went blind in his early twenties and his guide dog. He's since done loads of long distance walks to raise money for charity and when asked why walking as a fundraiser/challenge, he said that the initial idea was a skydive but he decided it wasn't enough of a challenge as he would only be a passenger!!

Lullabelle

Banana
We had a Nigel Slater inspired dinner tonight, pork and blackberries.
View attachment 27458

His version was a shoulder joint marinaded in crushed blackberries and then roasted. We only had pork steaks, so I marinaded them for a little while in blackberries, and then pan fried them, and de-glazed the pan afterwards with cider to made the gravy, Very good!

No photo of the crumble, we didn't hang around! There's still half left for tomorrow. I surprised NT with a pot of lactofree cream to go with it. :hungry:

We've got a very hectic weekend, so that might be last proper meal we get until Monday....

:hungry: Looks yummy Arch

Lullabelle

Banana
Dinner this evening started with prawns with a Thai sweet chilli dip

DSCN0907.JPG

Followed by lamb loin, red wine and shallot sauce, mashed potato and home grown broad beans

DSCN0909.JPG

Then a creme brulee

DSCN0911.JPG

Washed down with a delicious Chilean Syrah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom