Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
We've just said good bye to Rocky minor who is off to Madagascar for 6 months. He's been with us for 6 weeks since coming back from the Philippines and we'll miss him. He comes back just before Christmas which seems a very long way off.

Oh well, :cuppa: is needed, can I get one for anyone else?

Things seem very quiet here.

:hugs: Be strong! Then start giggling....

Night Train

Maker of Things
I have finished making a thing.

The original gearwheel is aluminium and the teeth are worn away. I made a new set of steel teeth for it. The blank was turned on the lathe and then I hand cut the teeth onto it.
DSC_1664.JPG

The old teeth were then turned off the gearwheel leaving an interference fit. The new teeth were then pressed onto the original wheel and a key fitted. The key is an M5 stud tapped into the gear and staked both sides to keep it secure.
DSC_1665.JPG

I then fitted it into the gearbox and tested it. The worm meshes fine with the wheel and it all seems to work fine.
DSC_1666.JPG

I have cleaned all the old grease out and have re greased it all. I just have to source some suitable rivets to reassemble the gearbox. Then it can be refitted. :thumbsup:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Wow, well done!

Blimey, that means St Nicks is dangerously near to having a full working set of shutters again!

I bet you fit that, and the whole building collapses like something out of a Buster Keaton film, leaving just the shutters standing.... ;)

I made a thing too. I decorated a hat for Friday night's 'Race Night' fundraiser.

IMAG0847.jpg

Photo is a bit blurry, but can anyone (apart from NT who knows) guess what the rose is made from?

Arch

Married to Night Train
Rubber glove?

Bingo!

I like the fact that I've made a rose from a Marigold.

The fingers were cut off and rolled up and stuck inside the thumb for the centre, and then I cut some shapes out of the hand bit for the outer petals.

All held together with a little bit of thread and finished with green pvc tape at the base. I'm ridiculously pleased with it.

TVC

Tonic, a slice and ice. The ice of course should be rinsed first to remove the freezer odour. I learned that one off the telly last week.

Night Train

Maker of Things
I'm here. I was going to stay in the workshop but decided to strip apart a couple of aluminium external sign boards to save doing it in the rain tomorrow.

My finger is throbbing. There is a flap of skin pealed off just behind my finger nail and the back half of the finger nail is very black. I won't lose the nail, I don't think, but it does hurt. Time for a pain killer I reckon.

Anyway, I am showered and have a :cuppa: while waiting for Horizon on BBC2 tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom