Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
A gardening question for @Rockymountain.

Does your Bosch lawnmower have one of those attachments at the back that mulches the grass cuttings and spreads them over the lawn?

I have read that leaving the grass cuttings on the lawn will nourish the lawn, instead of throwing away the cuttings. Currently I try to dry out the grass cuttings a bit, before adding them to the compost heap. This entails having large pots of grass cuttings placed around the garden, and tends to be a lot of faffing around. Adding too many fresh cuttings at one time to the compost heap results in a very slimey sludgey mess.

I might pose this question on the Gardening Forum as to what peeps do with grass cuttings.

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!

Does your Bosch lawnmower have one of those attachments at the back that mulches the grass cuttings and spreads them over the lawn?

I have read that leaving the grass cuttings on the lawn will nourish the lawn, instead of throwing away the cuttings. Currently I try to dry out the grass cuttings a bit, before adding them to the compost heap. This entails having large pots of grass cuttings placed around the garden, and tends to be a lot of faffing around. Adding too many cuttings at one time to the compost heap results in a very slimey sludgey mess.

I might pose this question on the Gardening Forum as to what peeps do with grass cuttings.

I put mine in the big Brown Wheelie bin and the recycling people erm ............... recycle them I assume ........... what as I have no idea :unsure:

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I have a big brown wheelie bin for garden refuse*. In this area, it is taken somewhere and turned and extraneous items are removed. After several turnings, they sell it at about £2 per bag, "take your own bag". ^_^

It does seem daft to collect them up, put them in a wheelie bin, for someone to come round in a ginormous truck, collect them up, and turn them into compost, when I could add them to my compost bin, or leave them on the lawn. Grass cuttings are 80 per cent or so water.

* When mowing the lawn, the wheelie bin, is down a flight of stairs. :sad:

Lullabelle

Banana
I've got a spare tyre as well :whistle:

Me too, hence the light salad meals over the weekend ;)

Lullabelle

Banana

I have read that leaving the grass cuttings on the lawn will nourish the lawn, instead of throwing away the cuttings. Currently I try to dry out the grass cuttings a bit, before adding them to the compost heap. This entails having large pots of grass cuttings placed around the garden, and tends to be a lot of faffing around. Adding too many fresh cuttings at one time to the compost heap results in a very slimey sludgey mess.

Dig the cuttings into the ground, it feeds and adds nourishment.

TVC

Morning :cuppa:

Lu is off to work, and you have the pleasure of my company all day whilst I sit around being automatically measured.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom