Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Poor wocky (again)

GM

Legendary Member
I'm now (dejectedly) going to go shopping at Waitrose before getting my eyes tested - I think I need some new glasses :eek:

(I think it's nature's way of saying that I'm getting old and bits of me are stopping working......so well)

I popped into Waitrose this morning, The one at north Finchley that's my favorite one!

Break time now and MasterGM has just made me a nice Pulled Pork Wrap, yum.:hungry:

Arch

Married to Night Train
:cuppa: :bicycle: :cuppa::birthday:

We've been trying out the Sustrans route 55, an ex railway. It'll be lovely when it's finished - IE fully tarmac, and access points without steps! Just a little bit rough in places for skinny tyres, but I coped.

Still, it was nice to be out somewhere new. We found a park where we mucked about on the play equipment, and a little cafe to have a coffee and a muffin. Then we came back alongside the the East Lancs Road so that NT could go and pick up his ceramic farmyard from the Arts project.

Just having a cuppa and a bit of cake, and then we'll wander over to see if NT's neighbour wants some gardening help.

Night Train

Maker of Things
Just back from our ride. Arch will post a ride report later, with photos.

In the mean time here are photos from yesterday.

"Water! Water! Water!" (how big is this beach anyway?)
DSC_1589.JPG

We played a game on the beach.
DSC_1590.JPG

Then we found a 'thing'....:scratch:
DSC_1591.JPG

We then went on a train ride. The loco is called Joffre, anagram of CoffeeJo? Joffre served in WW1 supplying the trenches for the French army.
DSC_1595.JPG

DSC_1608.JPG

There was a really lovely little water tower.
DSC_1606.JPG

And a loco being restored in the workshop.
DSC_1600.JPG

We had a lovely time. Perfect weather, perfect activities, and perfect company.:smile:

ThinAir

Do more.
Evening all. I got a new tyre today. Thought I'd share a pic. It's pretty cool :-)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21371484092.569289.jpg

It's my new training aid for my outdoor home gym :-D

ThinAir

Do more.
In other none-tyre related news,my cyclesheme money has now arrived at the cyclescheme ivory tower. I assume the magical pink unicorn upon which they sent the money got lost on the way to this (probably not so) hallowed place. I should be in possession of my shiny new bike by Thursday :-)

Even though you have all seen a bike before, I shall be posting photographs to show off my shiny new toy and cannot wait to finally get out and start having a blast :-) excited doesn't even come close!

Summerking

Veteran
what bike you getting?
oh and nice tyre, as far as used tyres go that is :smile:.
Went and bought a 10 year old full suspension Mountainbike, an Orange Sub 5, got it cheap as it needs work,posted a photo in the mountainbike forum if anyone's interested. Hope I haven't taken on too much, oh well I can only learn by trying.

ThinAir

Do more.
what bike you getting?
oh and nice tyre, as far as used tyres go that is :smile:.
Cheers :-) I shall let the tyre know you have complimented it. Im sure it will be happy :-)

I'm getting a Specialized Allez Sport2013, some mid range Shimano SPD pedals and pair of Specialized shoes. I've got me a bright yellow helmet too (off to see the doc about it before anyone points out that this is probably eat being checked). I know about the whole helmet debate, but if I want to ride to work, I have to wear one, or I get in trouble!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom