Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
^_^

Did you remember the hob knobs?

Night Train

Maker of Things
Half way through following a Mary Berry recipe for lemon drizzle cake isn't a good time to discover that there isn't a lemon zester, nor juicer in the kitchen! :unsure:

I made do.:thumbsup:

Also I was only doing half the size of cake in the recipe so only needing one of the two lemons. Mary suggests microwaving lemons for 30 seconds to get the most juice out of them. She didn't say 30 seconds for each lemon, or both in the recipe.:scratch:
Steaming hot lemon halves are damned difficult to squeeze! ^_^

Shouldn't be long now before there are photos. ;)

Night Train

Maker of Things
I think the recipe says "cut the lemons in half widthways". I presume that is 30 secs for two lemons.
Have you used the full amount of sugar she suggests?

* hands NT two plates * ^_^
I halved everything but used a little less then half the sugar.
DSC_1536.JPG

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
:hungry: Perfect timing, just back from a 61 mile ride in the :sun:. Drank 4 bottles of water. :heat:

TVC

Oh dear.
As you know we're going to the wartime weekend at the railway with Arch and NT on Sunday. Well, we decided to dress up and I ordered a Luftwaffe pilots uniform from a theatrical costumier. It turned up today, except they've cocked up and sent a Lufthansa pilots costume :eek: Back to the drawing board, I need an idea quick.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Oh dear.
As you know we're going to the wartime weekend at the railway with Arch and NT on Sunday. Well, we decided to dress up and I ordered a Luftwaffe pilots uniform from a theatrical costumier. It turned up today, except they've cocked up and sent a Lufthansa pilots costume :eek: Back to the drawing board, I need an idea quick.

:rofl:

Night Train

Maker of Things
Oh dear.
Are we dressing up? :ohmy:

My WW2 US army trench coat is way WAY too warm for this weather!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom