Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Night Train

Maker of Things
You know those calls you get on your mobile where the caller uses your name, tells you their name (which you are not sure you recognise) and then once they have you thinking you know them proceed to try to sell you a new mobile contract or a broadband service?

Well, I just had one of them and was cautiously probing to work out what the sales call was going to be, by asking questions on how she knows me, when she told me I had better know who she is as I am supposed to be ripping out her kitchen tomorrow! :ohmy::blush:

Very quick back track, apologies and explanation of getting spam calls.
I am mortified and will apologise again in the morning when I see her.

That is one of the confusing things when people give you a home contact number and a first name and then call you on their mobile using their full name.:wacko:

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Who's putting in the new one NT... surely not s*lid w**d k*tchens?

Night Train

Maker of Things
Who's putting in the new one NT... surely not s*lid w**d k*tchens?
Don't know, don't care, so long as it isn't me.

I only got the offer of the kitchen via a friend who doesn't like seeing usable stuff going in a skip. I do the rip out to save the householder a small amount of money and I get the kitchen free on the proviso that I put it to good use. The only parts I don't want are the oven, hob and sink, however, I may take them for the scrap metal. My folks may want the dishwasher, otherwise it will become a parts washer in my workshop.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
:hello:

TheDoctor

Noble and true, with a heart of steel
Evenings!!
A somewhat-idiosyncratic WNRttP this week, involving a ride along a footpath (!) which i personally wouldn't have done, let alone lead 30-odd riders down it.
I was so shocked I had to visit a second pub after the ride...:bicycle::cheers::bicycle::cheers::bicycle::hungry:

TheDoctor

Noble and true, with a heart of steel
There's an event round these parts called the Dunwich Dynamo. I'm sure you've heard of it. The best bit is passing the 'sleepers' in the fields around Dunwich in the early hours of the morning! (The bods that almost made it but run out of steam ) Made my day / night / morning. Wish I'd stopped to take photos. I will this year. :-)

Not done the DD, but on my one-and-only FNRttC, I faded badly going up Ditchling Beacon at around 5 am. There was a photo of me on CC at the time, slumped on a verge looking as though I wished I was dead.
IMHO, do a FNRttC once, you'e a hero. Twice, and you're an idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom