Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Morning all, welcome home Rocky.:hello:

Just having a bit of breakfast before heading for the train home....

Arch

Married to Night Train
We were watching a slightly dubious documentary last night about a piece of parchment thought to be 'proof' that Jesus was married to Mary Magdelene. One of the experts was talking about another parchment apparently talking anout Jesus and Mary, which was damaged, with a hole in it, and explained that one line read, "and he kissed her on..." with the hole removing the next words...

...the lips?
...the first of the month?
...the back seat of the bus?
...the off-chance he might get lucky?

The possibilities are endless!

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Having just looked it up properly and it appears to have been the Dong River, an eastern tributary of the Pearl River that runs though Guangzhou, and provides an important water source for Hong Kong.

There, I bet you didn't know that, did you?

I did not know that. I am sure that knowledge will prove very useful when I am watching "Eggheads" or "Pointless" or "University Challenge". ^_^

Your starter for ten. Which river provides an important water source for Hong Kong?

GM

Legendary Member
Morning All:hello: Welcome back Rockay. Your holiday sounded really great. I'd love to take up scuba, maybe when I've got a bit more leisure time.
Anyway back to reality, and back to the Hertford Lanes!

Speicher

Vice Admiral
If you had a bell to press to answer, you could say

"Hong Kong?" Ping! "Dong!"

Yyyess I did think about that, how it might work in QI. You could think up lots of questions with the answer of dong, buzz, errr ooom*, and klang. I only got as far as thinking about it though.

There must be a Latvian scientist with the name Klang, who is an expert in the Fleckling syndrome. ;)

:laugh:

* An errr ooom is a quiet klaxon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom