Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Was it a cycle race or more of a cycle event? How far?
A 60 mile sportive: http://www.cyclechat.net/threads/i-tickled-the-beauty.128779/
A couple of lumps and bumps en route. :bicycle:

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
The original Exmoor sportive was the Exmoor Beast (so named for the cryptozoological felid said to roam the fields and moors of the National Park), held in the autumn and those who complete it have "tamed the beast". Last year they introduced an "easier" version, to be held in the spring, and I assume they asked our very own wol to come up with its name. :tongue: I don't know who decided that if you tame the beast, you must therefore tickle the beauty, but that's what they went with. :rolleyes:

GM

Legendary Member
Same route with a few variations. But no matter what I change, it always seems to come out as 37 miles :laugh:. I head north from here to Barnet and Potters Bar and through to Hertford. I then turn round and come back through a different set of lanes. I suspect I might need to find some more routes soon.....the bike is getting to know its way

Rocky, I do that route sometimes, but yesterday instead of turning right at Kentish Lane, I went straight on to North Mymms then down to South Mimms, Ridge, around the lanes a few times on to Shenley, Borehamwood back over to Dancers Hill, Waggon Road, Hadley Wood and straight down to Southgate.:thumbsup:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Is it 500 circuits of the car park just for potsy :whistle:
Nope ... still 110 km, with about 2,250 m of climbs. Mostly the recent SpringITD route but with a few variations which some of you will not have ridden before. I have not ridden all of them in that direction, but I think I have done all of them one way or another. (Not that I could promise to be fit for a SummerITD this year ...) Cafe stops at Dalesman (Gargrave) and Rossi's (Keighley).

Arch

Married to Night Train
NT's gone home.:sad: After 4 days, I was getting very used to having him around.

Still, I'll be over at his on Friday evening :thumbsup:

I have a small modelling project planned, an archaeological dig in OO scale, and I wanted a skeleton in the bottom of a trench. Oddly, this isn't a feature you can buy from model companies, so I'm going to have a go at casting my own in plaster, in a mould made from plasticine, to be inserted into the bottom of said trench.
DSCN3529.JPG

I had a go at a prototype today:

Next time, I need to brush the plaster into the mould rather than just pour it, to ensure it gets right into the crevices, and he'd currently be 9 feet tall, so I need to scale down a bit, but I'm chuffed with that as a first attempt!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom