England : London Sunday London ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

potsy

Rambler
Give it a quick rub with a packet of wet wipes, it'll be fine!!

FTFY This is Mr OCD you're talking to Martin
laugh.gif

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
anyone???????/

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
cool. The three of us, Mice, Topcat 1 and yrs truly had a great ride around town. Mice looking twice as nice on her Ice Trice, Topcat leading us with his usual professionalism, and yours truly at the back just taking in the town. A tour of the Outer Circle, followed by a tour of the Inner Circle, followed by an Honest Sausage stop, and then on to Swains Lane which we sailed up, barely drawing breath. Then down to Shad Thames for a coffee at the Yellow Shop, back to Chelsea and home.

My mood was a little soured by the news that my Brompton had been nicked, for which apologies to my two companions. Friends are important and things come a poor second.

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012

wanda2010

Guru
Hi gang :hello:

I rarely post here but I do browse.

I'm interested in joining one of your Sunday rides as I normally ride alone (commute). Is there one this Sunday?

I should also say I'm not fast, have no 'hills' on my usual route and ride a hybrid :smile: .

Cheers

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Hello Wanda,
they are usually every sunday starting from Bromley ending up at Wellington Arch Hyde Park Corner picking people up on the way. (New Cross/Camberwell Green)
From Bromley it's usually a fast sprint to Hyde Park. But once at Hyde Park and the decision is made to were we shall go, then the pace drops to a pootle, conversation pace.

I am not sure if I can make this Sunday coming but others probably will. Keep watching the thread.
Where are you based?

Some Sunday snaps (two rolled into one!

24th Oct - Dellzeqq, Topcat1 and me

"Bless You!"

blessyou.th.jpg

"Dellzeqq counts them in"

dellzeqqcountsnumbers.th.jpg

Discussing Ditchling

delzeqqdiscussingditchl.th.jpg

Elevenses in Regents Park

elevensesinregentspark.th.jpg

Reminiscing on FNRttC's

topcat1listeningtodelze.th.jpg

Dellzeqq drew This

topcat1admiresdelzeqqsa.th.jpg

And this

saveallyourfishesforme.th.jpg

This was Sunday 18th Oct - Hyde Park and Richmond Park

Topcat1 on Three Wheels

topcat1on3.th.jpg

tc3q.th.jpg

Mice on Ice

miceinhydepark.th.jpg

Row around Hyde Park

coolrules.th.jpg

Route 55

route55.th.jpg

It was fun!

M

wanda2010

Guru
Hello Wanda,
they are usually every sunday starting from Bromley ending up at Wellington Arch Hyde Park Corner picking people up on the way. (New Cross/Camberwell Green)
From Bromley it's usually a fast sprint to Hyde Park. But once at Hyde Park and the decision is made to were we shall go, then the pace drops to a pootle, conversation pace.

I am not sure if I can make this Sunday coming but others probably will. Keep watching the thread.
Where are you based?

I'm in Balham, so could do my own (version of a fast) sprint to the Arch. I'll keep watch on this thread as my aim is to do the Dun Run next year so need to get some mileage under my belt.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I'm in Balham, so could do my own (version of a fast) sprint to the Arch. I'll keep watch on this thread as my aim is to do the Dun Run next year so need to get some mileage under my belt.
(adopts confidential air....) Wanda - forget the bit from Bromley to HPC. The really cool people come up from southwest London, schlepping across the Common and through Sloane Square, getting to HPC at 9.30. And there's no rushing about it, either. We leave the sweaty stuff to those from 'the other side' .

wanda2010

Guru
:biggrin:

Fantastic!

I'll leave home early enough to pootle to the Arch. Are food/drinks stops included or should I bring my own? My main activity is running so I'm always hungry :whistle:

Have put a note/set the alarm in my phone.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
:biggrin:

Fantastic!

I'll leave home early enough to pootle to the Arch. Are food/drinks stops included or should I bring my own? My main activity is running so I'm always hungry :whistle:

Have put a note/set the alarm in my phone.

We usually hit a cafe somewhere on route

Top Bottom