Show us your.......newbie progress! [4 Sep 2012 - 4 Oct 2014]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've just said that exact thing to my hubby. But never mind, focussing on the positive, I planned a 60 and did it :smile:

Or maybe I should get the bike back out and add .3m to it - or NOT. Pooped.com ;)
I was 5Km short of getting my 500km shield yesterday, so I went and did it.
If you send me the tcx files I will join them and it will look like you did it in one ride.:whistle:

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
I've just said that exact thing to my hubby. But never mind, focussing on the positive, I planned a 60 and did it :smile:

Or maybe I should get the bike back out and add .3m to it - or NOT. Pooped.com ;)

61.8 or 62.1, it's still a great achievement. The first 60 miles I did I went to bed very early, it totally knackered me out.

philinmerthyr

Über Member

I was just short of 100km last Sunday so went around a big roundabout an extra time. The annoying bit was that I forgot to restart my Garmin at one point so had lost 4 miles.

Great ride. The small shortfall means you have a goal for your next big ride.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Been busy with work and family "stuff" for a few days. Some great rides being put in all round.
Hope to get out today.
Hope you make it Brian. I was feeling a bit leg weary this morning so set out with the intention of just enjoying the lovely morning and pootling about not worrying about speed. Only averaged 13mph but ended up covering 42 miles.

http://app.strava.com/activities/53723207

Next couple of days aren't looking very pleasant here. Wind and rain, so I will use this as a chance to take a couple of days off. Can feel the fatigue building up a bit.

Hope you make it Brian. I was feeling a bit leg weary this morning so set out with the intention of just enjoying the lovely morning and pootling about not worrying about speed. Only averaged 13mph but ended up covering 42 miles.

Next couple of days aren't looking very pleasant here. Wind and rain, so I will use this as a chance to take a couple of days off. Can feel the fatigue building up a bit.
You keep upping those miles Mo, I now behind you again. mind like I said I dont mind a woman in front. :whistle:
It might have been a pootil of a ride but still 4 p.b.'s

I forgot, well done on passing 2000 miles this year.:wahhey:

Mo1959

Legendary Member
You keep upping those miles Mo, I now behind you again. mind like I said I dont mind a woman in front. :whistle:
It might have been a pootil of a ride but still 4 p.b.'s
You will overtake me and leave me behind in the next couple of days since I will be taking time off. I am sure my body will thank me for it and the dog won't mind getting some extra walks either. :smile:

MaxInc

Having a full rest day (thanks to winds and rain yesterday) paid off nicely today, managed longest ride to date 28km @ 15mph with lots of overtakes (not only women and MTBs) and doubled the suffer score on strava :smile:), PRs on most segments and back just in time for F1. If Mecedes get on the podium, it will be the perfect weekend for me :smile: Go Hami!

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Having a full rest day (thanks to winds and rain yesterday) paid off nicely today, managed longest ride to date 28km @ 15mph with lots of overtakes (not only women and MTBs) and doubled the suffer score on strava :smile:), PRs on most segments and back just in time for F1. If Mecedes get on the podium, it will be the perfect weekend for me :smile: Go Hami!
Nice one..........and I agree, I think rest days definitely help rejuvenate you. Looking forward to a couple off myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom