Show us your.......newbie progress! [4 Sep 2012 - 4 Oct 2014]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RWright

Guru
I have finally fitted my new tyres so after much swearing and cursing I managed to get out for 10km just to give them a try (meant to be a rest day)
I now just need to buy some new THUMBS to replace the ones I destroyed fitting these new tyres. :surrender:

I have blistered a thumb or two with tires. Time to wear them out now. :thumbsup:

SWSteve

Guru
No, I like them. If someone runs over you wearing one of those they cant use the I didn't see him excuse. They would just about have to be charged with attempted murder. ^_^ I love those bright uniforms. I wear one of these most days until it gets too hot around here. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Walls-Men-s-Full-ANSI-2-High-Visibility-Safety-Vest/15727711

I like those bright shoes they wear, my next shoes might be some bright ones. :smile:

White shoes, white shorts, bright top.

SWSteve

Guru
I have finally fitted my new tyres so after much swearing and cursing I managed to get out for 10km just to give them a try (meant to be a rest day)
I now just need to buy some new THUMBS to replace the ones I destroyed fitting these new tyres. :surrender:
I know how you feel, I almost flipped out when I had to change an inner tube after having my bike for around 3 weeks. I was close to binning the bike

AndyPeace

I know how you feel, I almost flipped out when I had to change an inner tube after having my bike for around 3 weeks. I was close to binning the bike

Getting to be a dab hand at this now, as I regularly change the tires to go off road. The trick is to push the edge of the tire (the bead) into the middle of the rim, where the circumference is smaller. This makes removing and fitting a tire much easier.

Seeing all of your progress this weekend has made me very jealous, ridiculous burns made me decide to not get on the bike monday as I thought it would be better to relax, get plenty of fluids on and try and ease them away. That said the 100mile charity weekend is this upcoming weekend and I am very excited. The only issue is whether my bike is clean enough/do I need to buy a quick link just in case.
I have two now since I got the new chain.:smile:
Edit - Mind I have chain tool as well so it's not really a problem.

spooks

Yes, how can you go out and leave this pair any length of time. Lol
Yes, how can you go out and leave this pair any length of time. Lol
Nice cat Mo. I have a chocolate and a lilac point and I hate leaving them all the time. I work 10 hours a day so an extra 3 hours on the bike always seems mean when they're so happy to see me.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
23mph winds put pay to my planned ride today. Really should have gone out yesterday. :sad:

I don't blame you, it was not nice biking home tonight, BBC reckoned 25mph for me tonight, so God knows what the gusts were, a couple of times I thought I was going to get blown off, still scalped a couple of people and got another 50 miles in today (two rides to and from work)

Nice ride you did Nigel, and Mo keeps on going and going, I reckon she is a robot from the future

boybiker

Guru
I don't blame you, it was not nice biking home tonight, BBC reckoned 25mph for me tonight, so God knows what the gusts were, a couple of times I thought I was going to get blown off, still scalped a couple of people and got another 50 miles in today (two rides to and from work)

Nice ride you did Nigel, and Mo keeps on going and going, I reckon she is a robot from the future

The wind down here has really picked up and it was a side wind coming home but I managed to average 19.3 MPH :eek:!! For some reason I just had the legs today and felt really good on the ride home :thumbsup:

http://app.strava.com/activities/53273942

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom