Show us your.......newbie progress! [4 Sep 2012 - 4 Oct 2014]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm not thinking about that! :P
Not think about it as much as you like, it's still happening.

MaxInc

With mycyclinglog.com do you have to manually type each route or is there a way to upload a gpx file or something?

With mycyclinglog.com do you have to manually type each route or is there a way to upload a gpx file or something?
You enter the data, mileage and time, and then if you want you can add H.R. cadence, elevation, max sp, weight, you can name a route but its only for reference it doesn't show it.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Think about it, 100 miles...on a bike. Its actually pretty damn far if you think bout it!!!!

As others have said, set your own targets and be happy when your reach them, and have fun, or the whole thing is pointless in the end.
Kind of how I think. Really enjoyed my morning off. Just back an enjoyable 4 mile walk with the dog. No saddle sores and no sore back. Heaven!

I'm actually starting to find the whole high mileage thing a bit obsessive and think I will cut back and enjoy more rest days.

I am going to start carrying the camera, which is what my intention was in the first place, I just needed to get fit to do it, saw an amazing image yesterday. Though it's nice to get on a bike and not worry there is a hill ect.. It's took me 10 months to get to this point and £800 (Garmin and wheels £270 of that), what with a new chainset pedals tyres, ect.... I could have got an Eos 5 or 7 2nd hand for that. or a nice L series lens (talk about snobbery in cycling).

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I am going to start carrying the camera, which is what my intention was in the first place, I just needed to get fit to do it, saw an amazing image yesterday. Though it's nice to get on a bike and not worry there is a hill ect.. It's took me 10 months to get to this point and £800 (Garmin and wheels £270 of that), what with a new chainset pedals tyres, ect.... I could have got an Eos 5 or 7 2nd hand for that. or a nice L series lens (talk about snobbery in cycling).
This wasn't what i saw yesterday however.
8687407681_894cacc5cd_t.jpg
Stump by nigelnaturist, on Flickr
Love your images. I really regretted not taking a compact camera or even the phone yesterday morning for going round Loch Earn. The light coming up over the loch was beautiful. Going to take tomorrow off too....probably more walking. I had almost forgotten how lovely an early morning walk can be. Kind of thinking along the lines of maybe four or five days cycling per week and upping the walking on the other days.

I quite like photography too but have become lazy at carrying stuff with me. Have a decent SLR which I haven't used nearly enough. Nikon D7000 with a few different lenses.

I took the image off, i wasn't happy with the slight halo around the branches (to much sharpening), but thanks Mo.
I have been looking to get a Canon G series camera on ebay, (as they shoot raw files).
Almost any modern camera beyond a cheap point and shoot, (I have acquired a cheap vivitar, which can produce a reasonable image, it can also produce some really duff one's) are very capable, but like cycling to some degree, kit can be important, the lower end lenses can produce softer less contrasty images, a bit like a better wheel rolling better, and in (IMHO) photography it's all about the image, not so much what it's shot with. I can spend hours on an image.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I can spend hours on an image.
........and that's why I will never get anything special. I hate PP and only do the absolute basics. You are obviously a Canon man but the Nikon P7700 is a nice compact too that has an excellent lens and does raw.

Enjoy finishing your challenge later. I will say well done in advance as I visit my Dad and Step Mum on Sundays and won't be back till late.

Love your images. I really regretted not taking a compact camera or even the phone yesterday morning for going round Loch Earn. The light coming up over the loch was beautiful. Going to take tomorrow off too....probably more walking. I had almost forgotten how lovely an early morning walk can be. Kind of thinking along the lines of maybe four or five days cycling per week and upping the walking on the other days.

I quite like photography too but have become lazy at carrying stuff with me. Have a decent SLR which I haven't used nearly enough. Nikon D7000 with a few different lenses.
I reckon, that we both could just do it now for fun, there must be some amazing vantage points, I had a wonderful pano of Broadford Bay (Isle of Skye) from when I lived there, again one of those that is lost.
I dont know much about Nikon really, I know they have access to a wonderful range of lenses, going back a long time (though with a few connection issues, i.e. exposure control between the older manual lenses and the new digital bodies, mind so do all the rest), like I said I try not to get caught up in kit issues.

........and that's why I will never get anything special. I hate PP and only do the absolute basics. You are obviously a Canon man but the Nikon P7700 is a nice compact too that has an excellent lens and does raw.

Enjoy finishing your challenge later. I will say well done in advance as I visit my Dad and Step Mum on Sundays and won't be back till late.
:smile:I wouldn't call what I do special, I just cant draw. :laugh:
Have a great day Mo.

Got up at 6 as I wanted to do a very long hill on a local bypass before the traffic kicks in - too dangerous once it gets busy but.....it is raining, raining, raining. xx(
It rain,hailed and blew a tempest here at one point yesterday, but it's not nice setting of in the rain. There's always another time, you will do it.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
The hill will still be there in the rain :tongue:

No, worse than that:

It's raining steady, very windy and 5C on our outside thermometer. Weather report shows 6C with real feel of -1C.

Maybe I'm a wimp but it's no fun out there right now. :ohmy:

Central heating is on but Mrs SD & I have had a conflab and we are going to light a fire and chill for the day. :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom