Show us your.......newbie progress! [4 Sep 2012 - 4 Oct 2014]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Shame about the wheels but still new wheels on the way...and if it's any consolation I'm stuck in sorting out the sheds, which is twice any challange strava can throw at me.
If I hadn't had to get the wheels, I would be building a new bike shed. Got to start saving up again for that now.
Well they should be here today, sometime, they are at the delivery depot in Leeds, I live in Ponty so I reckon p.m.

Unlucky Nigel, you really made a go of it on this one and things conspired against you. Pick yourself up and get ready for the next one if you really want to complete the challenge. Its called a challenge for a reason!
Lets see what I can do this weekend.

AndyPeace

2013-04-19092340_zpsa498c100.jpg
Made for the Malverns today... a 15 mile ride in with around 1200ft elevation. I was going for the Worcestershire Beacon (I think 1400ft elevation) but as I thought would be the case, slicks just don't cut it on the Malverns, but I gave it a good try...so I walked the off road section, but just went up the Black Hill and came back down the other side.
2013-04-19112439_zps6706a5f1.jpg
Completely forgot to get water before I left and ended up riding to Malvern and back on 200ml of water:eek: a mistake I shan't be repeating soon...but despite that was an enjoyable ride. Not great photography, but I really like Malvern :smile: Cyclocross tires are rapidly becoming a necessity.

RWright

Guru
Tell you what, they spin much freer than the XR18's ever seemed to.

Good to hear. I hope you get great miles out of them

I just did a short ride and got it in early for me. We have storms coming in this afternoon and I have to do some running around for work so I probably will not get to get any more riding in today. It looked a little funny when I was returning into a 15 mph headwind, going past my friend's service station, in the drops and moving at less than 10 mph. He and his crew were standing out at the road cheering me on and laughing at me. At least somebody was having fun at that moment. :dry:

spooks

Today was hard!! Still, managed 27.5 miles and dropped in at the lbs for some advice on the way home. They were very helpful and not as condescending to newbies as I'd been told they were. My favourite part of the ride: a w***er in a 4x4 accelerating hard and making me pull over in his desperation to get past me on a little bit of roadworks when in reality, since the road was so narrow with cones, i was able to accelerate far faster away from the traffic lights than him and had to brake all the way down the hill because he was slower than me, especially when he did 3 sharp brakes just to wind me up. Grrrr. I'm really meeting the idiots at the moment.

RWright

Guru
I got back home and it is very windy but no rain yet. I decided to do the responsible adult thing and not ride but clean up the house. There is a tornado watch here for the next 5 hours. The wind was blowing my truck around while I was out. I normally would ride but I don't want to get blown out in front of a car. There should be plenty of time to ride tomorrow. :thumbsup:

I got back home and it is very windy but no rain yet. I decided to do the responsible adult thing and not ride but clean up the house. There is a tornado watch here for the next 5 hours. The wind was blowing my truck around while I was out. I normally would ride but I don't want to get blown out in front of a car. There should be plenty of time to ride tomorrow. :thumbsup:
Rule no. 5 and 9 apply here i think. :angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom