Show us: your log burners and open fires

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
The books are cool, too... :becool:

Saw this in the window of the bookshop in the basement of the Royal Festival Hall

And the other bookshelf for completeness

Saw this in the window of the bookshop in the basement of the Royal Festival Hall

And the other bookshelf for completeness

Neat.

Besides, one can never have too many books... :blush:

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
Just finished burning the eucalyptus that died last year and which we cut down in January. After a summer in the conservatory, a freshly split log was at 0% moisture! A bit overdried, but it burnt nicely.
Don't burn too much at once, some manufacturers won't guarantee their stoves if you burn eucalyptus because the oils in it makes it burn incredibly hot. I use it sparingly in mine. Like most woods it needs splitting as green as possible, because when dry it is very very tough.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
A better photo of mine in daylight.:laugh:

We run most of our heating on wood, only have a few storage heaters in the background.

Primarily we use some Telford iron that i carted over in the back of the car

Then we also use a Contura stove (also bought in the UK, from Glossop) it just fitted under the bed in the camper was wasn't too easy to get in/out afterwards.....

I must finish that hole in the wall though...... my excuse is that i know i really need to swap out the 90ºs for some 45ºs, they were all i had in when i impatiently installed it.

Then finally the most inefficient fire in the house

Looks lovely and we use it at Christmas and when we have visitors, great for a real raclette but bloody useless for actually heating:wacko:

The real question is if your chainsaw is sharpened and ready to go:ph34r:

PS bikes and wood storage go together :okay:

Profpointy

Legendary Member
We run most of our heating on wood, only have a few storage heaters in the background.

Primarily we use some Telford iron that i carted over in the back of the car

View attachment 554612

Then we also use a Contura stove (also bought in the UK, from Glossop) it just fitted under the bed in the camper was wasn't too easy to get in/out afterwards.....

View attachment 554614

I must finish that hole in the wall though...... my excuse is that i know i really need to swap out the 90ºs for some 45ºs, they were all i had in when i impatiently installed it.

Then finally the most inefficient fire in the house

View attachment 554613

Looks lovely and we use it at Christmas and when we have visitors, great for a real raclette but bloody useless for actually heating:wacko:

The real question is if your chainsaw is sharpened and ready to go:ph34r:

PS bikes and wood storage go together :okay:

View attachment 554615

Now that IS a woodstore !

Top Bottom