Show us: your log burners and open fires

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
Morsø Badger with outside air and Dumpy the cat.

Attachments

• 20201012_190218.jpg
    20201012_190218.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 2

bluenotebob

Veteran
My Villager (A flat) - lit on 6 October and been lit every evening since

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Yep,I had to wait years before ours broke down to the point I couldn't fix it* but eventually the motor packed up and you can't get reconditioned ones any longer, a new motor was over £200 so it got stripped down.

* I'd fitted a new pump, several hoses, 2 belts and a 'fill sensor' previously to keep it running.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Here is mine.

OldShep

Über Member
A Steve Dowling 16kw Sumo boiler. Eats 14 inch round logs. Monster

Good to see another Dowling fan out there. Bought my first Dowling, an Aztec, back in the late eighties. A Dumfries show offer paid around £80 and still in working order in the shed. Switched around five years ago to a Hybrid. It was for sale s/h locally and little used.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Here's ours this very evening

We had several fireplaces put back in our victorian house, mainly just to be decorative, but decided to make this one a functional one. Purely by good fortune this one lets us have a quiet little fire that hardly uses any coal but gives off a fair bit of heat, despite it being a large and quite imposing fireplace. In a previous place the fire would get through loads of coal and all the heat would woosh up the chimney so was reserved for special occasions.

Last edited:

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
Just finished burning the eucalyptus that died last year and which we cut down in January. After a summer in the conservatory, a freshly split log was at 0% moisture! A bit overdried, but it burnt nicely.

Here's ours this very evening

We had several fireplaces put back in our victorian house, mainly just to be decorative, but decided to make this one a functional one. Purely by good fortune this one lets us have a quiet little fire that hardly uses any coal but gives off a fair bit of heat, despite it being a large and quite imposing fireplace. In a previous place the fire would get through loads of coal and all the heat would woosh up the chimney so was reserved for special occasions.

The books are cool, too... :becool:

Top Bottom