Show us: your log burners and open fires

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Adam4868

Guru
Wasn't even cold last night,but the boss said she wanted it lit....I can sometimes almost smell the cat burning 😁
Screenshot_20201030-074513~2.png

Last edited:
This is pretty much all our "world's most inefficient fire" is used for:

Real raclette/cheese melting:okay:, really the best way to prepare a raclette with a half round

And then afterwards:

My neighbour has pretty much the same fire set up in his house. We used to work at the same company and he recycled an old industrial flue from a factory that he used for his open fire, the flue was 600mm OD:laugh: when the fire was roaring away the temp in the kitchen dropped by 2º as it was drawing so much air from the outside:laugh:, he's since ran a 300mm liner inside the large flue.....

Just bought a moisture meter. I hope i am not wasting my time, as the wood is generally mixed. AND I have to split it for it to work. I am sure people who split logs do it to make themselves feel manly, it just makes me feel tired.
Now I suppose I should buy a temperature gauge for the flue? I have managed without one for 12 years so I think that might be going to far. In terms of beer how much do they cost??

Last edited:
Mmmmm yes... Sometimes I can smell the cats burning too... This is Poppy (tortie), although Lexi (blue & white) much prefers to snooze in the log bucket or on top of the stash of newspapers used to light the fire... :wacko:

IMG_3015_small.jpg

davidphilips

Phil Pip
Quiet night in by the fire, Just a pity the price of wood is very high compared to heating oil at present or i would use the stove more often. Tend to just gather up old wood and burn it when i have enough to keep fire going for a few days.

Attachments

• 100_9141[1].JPG
    100_9141[1].JPG
    158.1 KB · Views: 7
Top Bottom