Rugby World Cup

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

colly

Re member eR
I'd be surprised if the time your dad spent on that decision lasted more than a nanosecond
biggrin.gif

Apologies to Yorkshire folk but you know how it is
whistling.gif

Well that is obvious. Act in haste and repent at leisure as they say.

My commiserations Mr User1314.

yello

Sorry, has the rugby world cup thread moved? ;)

Surprised by this morning's result. I'd picked SA for that one. England should take notes from Australia; that's how you play a game with minority possession! Impressive stuff, still not quite sure how SA didn't win!

yello

A spirited and physical performance from Argentina.

I like watching the ABs. OK, I'm biased. Can't help it. If you grow up surrounded by it then it seeps into you.

There was no panic in their performance, just continual pressure. Their ball handling skills are exemplary, every man jack of them. Continually making the ball available and keeping play alive. Keeping up the pressure on the defending team.They can make it look easy. They always seem to have time ( I'm sure Weepu cleans his nails whilst assessing the options!)

It also seems that any one of them can break the line too. We expect it from Nonu, from Conrad Smith and SB Williams (what a runner! and hidden on the wing for so much of it). But it's just as likely to come from any of the loose forwards. A team of all rounders. World beaters (if only they didn't choke!).

With Australia beating SA, I think that makes the ABs path to the final a little easier BUT it's by no means a given.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
All Black scoreline flattered them, and will give heart to the Wallabies.

But, given my predictions for the NH side of the draw, I know naff all about the game.

Why hasn't Martin Johnson done the decent thing and handed in his notice along with that of the remaining members of the 2003 crew... What were they thinking; trying to play expansive running rugby against France when they have not strung 20 minutes of that together in the last five years.

France were still second rate and England made them look good. Wales for the final, unless the French actually decide to play to their capabilities....

SH winner though.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Come on, Greg, don't sit on the fence: NZ or Australia?

I'm cheering for France, as I've always liked the way they have played open and attacking rugby, most of the time. :tongue:

serge blanco is my favourite all-time player, I love champagne running rugby.

I say the crims will triumph. by less than four points. and it will go to extra time.

lukesdad

Come on, Greg, don't sit on the fence: NZ or Australia?

I'm cheering for France, as I've always liked the way they have played open and attacking rugby, most of the time. :tongue:

Thats cheered me up no end Dayvo ! With your past history of picking winners :biggrin: We ve got our final place allready booked :tongue:

Thats cheered me up no end Dayvo ! With your past history of picking winners :biggrin: We ve got our final place allready booked :tongue:

:biggrin: You might be right, LD!

It's said that France have one outstanding game per tournament in them: whether it was yesterday's match remains to be seen. Good luck, but I fancy Les Bleus!

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Following the piss poor English effort, I would like to see Wales go all the way as they're a passionate rugby nation.

I dont share the jingoism that our Celtic brothers do towards England, and I would be genuinely happy to see the Welsh win.

On that note it will be interseting to see how many current English players make the 2013 Lions squad, not many I would think.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Following the piss poor English effort, I would like to see Wales go all the way as they're a passionate rugby nation.

I dont share the jingoism that our Celtic brothers do towards England, and I would be genuinely happy to see the Welsh win.

On that note it will be interseting to see how many current English players make the 2013 Lions squad, not many I would think.

How many current England players do you think will make the 2013 England squad?

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
I thought that there was some very poor handling going on in the Australia/SA game, so fancy the rather unhurried NZ for one final berth. Although NZ have not had a hard game yet, and Australia are battle-hardened against Ireland and SA.
Wales should cover the France threat effectively, and join them at Eden Park. Against Ireland they scored when needed, and contained the Irish for long periods, without even looking like leaking a try.

Final? The logical side of me says NZ, as they are the only side left that topped their pool. Added to the fact that they are playing at home, makes me think that this year will be an All Black year again.

However, would love to see Wales win.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Wales should cover the France threat effectively, and join them at Eden Park. However, would love to see Wales win.

Don't write us off yet ( France). The English had a smile on their faces when they found out they were playing us in the QF. They are not smiling now!:whistle:
The exciting thing about the french team is that you never know what they are going to do or how well they will play. That is a headache for the welsh coach and will not be resolved until next saturday.
May the best team win!:hello:

Top Bottom