RideLondon-Surrey 100 (2015) Anyone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
IMG_20150801_164304648.jpg

We're in Walfmstow, about to go and get tomorrow's brekkie and lunch. I forgot my reading specs, so I'm squinting at the screen.

Simontm

Veteran
At my uncle's flat in Wapping watching the boats go by. Went through the Aldwych underpass which was fun but took an age to get past the City bloody cyclists! :laugh: Good luck everyone, hope you enjoy it

OP
OP
EltonFrog

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Apologies for crashing this thread somewhat - though I have been reading these forums for a couple of years - hoping someone might be able to give me some advice!

I'm doing this event tomorrow and am pretty much a newbie (don't worry, am starting at the back). Have just gone to give my bike a final going over and noticed on the back tyre a crack that runs from the sidewall to the middle of of the flat bit, though seems pretty stable - but worse, a semicircular tear of about 1cm in the tread - if I lift up the flap I can see the tyre wall under it - they are bontrager race lite hard case tyres, if that makes any difference. TBH I could have done 3 or 4 rides with them like that, or it could be new. Should I change it? I have a new tyre but are there any downsides to doing a long ride on a new one?

If you have a spare tyre change it now.

Last edited:

Nomadski

I Like Bikes
Do you mean Jerseys or T shirt?

The official cycling jerseys! I understand it was the backend of the registration period (3.30pm Saturday) but you would have thought Wiggle would have ordered plenty to cover numbers + extras.

Went on site but they arent even selling them there so looks like I'm out of luck.

At Premier Inn now, all booked for dinner tonight and tomorrow, just wondering how toapply helmet number to a helmet clearly not designed for a great wapping sticker on the front of it!

Ginger

Regular
Anyone able to set up a Strava segment for first 10 miles tomorrow (fancy a 20mph ave as its fast) official split last year was 17 miles

vickster

Legendary Member
The jerseys will probably be reduced on wiggle on Monday ;-)

OP
OP
EltonFrog

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I didn't see any souvenir T shoots there either, I thought the expo was a bit if a poor show.

Last edited:

sleaver

Veteran
Just walked past the windows of the restaurant where Wiggins, Team Sky and some of Ettix were having dinner.

All the teams are in the hotel next to mine so if I had a needed to sort a mechanical problem, there were a few half decent mechanics around :smile:

Top Bottom