Really TRUE odd factoids

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Kangaroos have 3 vaginas.

Well, the female ones anyway.

Seevio

Guru
You can buy a kg of Mercury for around £100
A pair of plastic tweezers costs about £2.50.
If you remove one proton from every atom, you'll have a kg of pure Gold worth £62000 at today's prices.

A good plan but I think I have spotted a couple of flaws.

There are approximately 3x10^24 atoms in 1kg of mercury. If you were really quick and got 1 proton every second, it would take about 95 quadrillion years. This is quite a long time and I don't think I'd have the patience. However, the real deal breaker for me is that after taking out all those protons, You would only have 0.98kg of gold. It's just not worth it.

There are approximately 3x10^24 atoms in 1kg of mercury. If you were really quick and got 1 proton every second, it would take about 95 quadrillion years. This is quite a long time and I don't think I'd have the patience. However, the real deal breaker for me is that after taking out all those protons, You would only have 0.98kg of gold. It's just not worth it.

Oh...

Hang on, I need to cancel two Ebay bids...

Punkawallah

Über Member

Yes! And you were the one that proved it!

classic33

Leg End Member
455144165_804305558546338_7426125209252850388_n.jpg

Top Bottom