Really TRUE odd factoids

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If you travel from Hawaii to Antarctica in a straight line then you will cross the international date line seven times.

well THAT sounds cool! Which airline offers this service?!?

Chris S

Legendary Member
First, it depends where in Antarctica you are heading (I notice the displayed map in that image doesn't go that far South).

And then, that is a map projection, it isn't actually a "straight line" that you would use if flying direct.

The International Date Line is on the same projection.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
How many other countries could you say it about?
If you extend the pathway north You could probably find a similar route from Alaska, Canada or somewhere in USA mainland.

The point is that you can also travel from Hawaii to Antarctica without ever crossing the date line once. It depends on what convoluted route you choose to take.

ExBrit

Über Member
If you extend the pathway north You could probably find a similar route from Alaska, Canada or somewhere in USA mainland.

The point is that you can also travel from Hawaii to Antarctica without ever crossing the date line once. It depends on what convoluted route you choose to take.

I think this factoid is cool. I had no idea the international date line wriggled around so much. Now I know.

Chris S

Legendary Member
The Nuremberg Laws forbade marriage and sexual relations between Jews and 'people of German blood'. They were defended in a 1935 newspaper interview by Georg Kareski, a prominent Jewish activist, on the grounds that they would preserve the integrity of the Jewish race.

Last edited:

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
I don't know if it's true or not, but supposedly (before Biden dropped out) this was going to be the first election in US history contested by two ex-Presidents. Does anyone know if that was the case?

Obviously no longer going to happen.

Alex321

Guru
That's a bit premature, seeing as the democrat nominated atuon hasn't been formally confirmed...although odds are this prophesy will come to lass.

I don't think it is possible for the Democrats to nominate a previous President, as all theirs who are still alive have served two terms.

Top Bottom