Really TRUE odd factoids

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Patrick Stewart's dad was an RSM in The Parachute Regiment.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I just read this on Google (so it must be true).
It gave a list of 6 things that would prevent a man from joining the US army.
1. Missing one or both testicles.
2 if the Doc decides your testicles are too big.
3. Self harming. It listed a case of a guy who accidentally branded himself when he was just 13 years old.....they viewed it as self harm and he failed.

Last edited:
3. Self harming. It listed a case of a guy who accidentally branded himself when he was just 13 years old.....they viewed it as self harm and he failed.

I'm not surprised they're cautious, although I think self harming would be a bit more obvious than one brand. Imagine the furore if someone who was actively self-harming was allowed in the military, and then injured themselves or others.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I'm not surprised they're cautious, although I think self harming would be a bit more obvious than one brand. Imagine the furore if someone who was actively self-harming was allowed in the military, and then injured themselves or others.

Not sure what damage could be done by large testicles though.
I used to know a woman who had really enormous breasts.... now they could do some serious harm.

classic33

Leg End Member
I just read this on Google (so it must be true).
It gave a list of 6 things that would prevent a man from joining the US army.
1. Missing one or both testicles.
2 if the Doc decides your testicles are too big.
Your butt can’t be too big either.

classic33

Leg End Member
The first recorded cycling race in the United States was on May 24, 1878, in Boston, Massachusetts.
It took place in Beacon Park, and shortly after, the Boston Bicycle Club was founded.
This race happened 13 years before the sport of basketball was invented.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Although German spies were caught in Scotland during WWII, they were transferred to England before being arrested. This is because the mandatory sentence for spies in Scotland at the time was hanging, drawing and quartering.

classic33

Leg End Member
According to a genetic study published in Nature (19 March 2015), the local population of West Yorkshire is genetically distinct from the rest of the population of Yorkshire.

The 2015 Oxford University study compared the current genetic distribution in Britain to the geographical maps of its historic Kingdoms, and found that the distinct West Yorkshire genetic cluster closely corresponds to Elmet's known territories. This suggests Yorkshire may have maintained a regional Celtic identity through the centuries.

Chris S

Legendary Member
Please elaborate. Looks like twice, or possibly once to me.

Follow the red line.

2tz.png

Top Bottom