Really TRUE odd factoids

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The earth is at least several million years old. Yes REALLY !!!

markemark

Über Member
It's not a problem of any sort. There is so much codswallop said as FACT when it is pure conjecture.
I just have an open mind and prefer to believe actual facts, not theories.

Please feel free to share any facts or evidence showing dinosaurs didn’t exist. There’s a huge amount showing they did. So please feel free to show us the counter evidence.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Dinosaurs are not remotely "pure conjecture". There is a lot of good evidence for their existence.

Ha! That's exactly what " Big Dino " want you to believe 😉

Dave7

Legendary Member
Dinosaurs are not remotely "pure conjecture". There is a lot of good evidence for their existence.

I have never said they are conjecture or that I don't believe that existed.
All I stated was there has been so much codswallop written by so called experts and because they are "experts" many people just accept that it must be fact.

markemark

Über Member
I have never said they are conjecture or that I don't believe that existed.
All I stated was there has been so much codswallop written by so called experts and because they are "experts" many people just accept that it must be fact.

Nope. Scientific evidence will be subject to peer review so any nonsense articles will be dismissed as such.

But again, please feel free to share any ‘codswallop’ which has been ‘accepted as fact’?

Dave7

Legendary Member
Many birds that are accepted as UK birds actually migrate here from distant lands.
A classic example is the Swallow (a beautiful bird). Each spring they arive having flown 8000 miles to get here.
They live on gnats and flies etc.
By autumn those gnats etc have died off so our Swallows fly the 8000 miles back.
What staggers me is that the new birds eg hatched here still know to head off to Africa.

Many birds that are accepted as UK birds actually migrate here from distant lands.
A classic example is the Swallow (a beautiful bird). Each spring they arive having flown 8000 miles to get here.
They live on gnats and flies etc.
By autumn those gnats etc have died off so our Swallows fly the 8000 miles back.
What staggers me is that the new birds eg hatched here still know to head off to Africa.

Well *I* have never seen one in Africa. This sounds absurd - 8,000 miles?!? Who told you this - some "expert"?!?

(I'm only joshing you Dave! )

Dave7

Legendary Member
Well *I* have never seen one in Africa. This sounds absurd - 8,000 miles?!? Who told you this - some "expert"?!?

(I'm only joshing you Dave! )

People like you really annoy me with your aragont comments.
Why dont you just google it instead of spout pompous crap

It involves travelling approximately a staggering 8000 miles from the UK, however many have previously travelled from further afield in northern Europe before even reaching Britain. With a distance as far as this, you may expect it to take a vast amount of time, however swallows combat the distance relatively quickly

Top Bottom