Really TRUE odd factoids

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

markemark

Über Member
Flowers, cows.

Cheese isn’t made from cows.

I don't fully know the process of how cows make milk but they produce it, not really from what they eat. The do require organic material to eat to make enough energy to make the milk and I am sure the food they eat passes through their body so elements could find itself into the milk. But the milk itself was never really alive so it just depends on how you define it.

Last edited:

Seevio

Guru
Everything that we eat was once alive, apart from salt.

"Salt" is mentioned and not "salts". This implies that it refers specifically to table/sea salt, NaCl. There are, of course, many compounds classed as salts. KCl, for example, gives Finnish licorice its distinctive flavour.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I suppose there are just 3 categories: animal, vegetable or mineral. The first 2 are out, which only leaves minerals. I'm guessing salt is a mineral,but can't think of any other minerals that we eat

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Good lord - that's a cracker!

It sounds at first like there must be other similar substances ... but then you find you can't think of any!!!

OH! How about gravel to help digest tough food? Or is that just crows ...

Given we principally eat animals or vegetables, whilst it sounds like its a cracking fact, its just stating the obvious I think.

apparently some pregnant women crave and eat coal, allegedly

Given we principally eat animals or vegetables, whilst it sounds like its a cracking fact, its just stating the obvious I think.

Aren't you just rewording the cracking fact? 🤷‍♂️

Punkawallah

Über Member
Another (stupid?) question but how would anyone know that.
No humans were here then to record things.

Humans were, indeed, there to witness it. Recording it would be something else. If they did, evidence of such has yet to be discovered.

Top Bottom