Really TRUE odd factoids

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
1697834741626-jpeg.jpg

Chris S

Legendary Member
Nooses and neck ties both use a slip knot.

classic33

Leg End Member
The phrase ‘to pay through the nose’ dates back to the Danes who would slit the noses of the Irish who wouldn’t pay their poll tax.

classic33

Leg End Member
Paper money can reportedly carry more germs than a household toilet.
And notes are a hospitable environment for gross microbes: viruses and bacteria can live on most surfaces for about 48 hours, but paper money can reportedly transport a live flu virus for up to 17 days.
It's enough to make you switch to credit.

Paper money can reportedly carry more germs than a household toilet.
And notes are a hospitable environment for gross microbes: viruses and bacteria can live on most surfaces for about 48 hours, but paper money can reportedly transport a live flu virus for up to 17 days.
It's enough to make you switch to credit.

As a service for CC members, I can take all of your paper money. It's a risk, but I'm willing to take it for the greater good.

As a service for CC members, I can take all of your paper money. It's a risk, but I'm willing to take it for the greater good.

A kind offer, no doubt, made with the very best of intentions, I am perfectly sure - but there's no need for those of us here in Britain; It's all plastic now and they do just fine in a hot wash to kill the dreaded lurgy. Puts a whole new purpose into the concept of money laundering ...

classic33

Leg End Member
A kind offer, no doubt, made with the very best of intentions, I am perfectly sure - but there's no need for those of us here in Britain; It's all plastic now and they do just fine in a hot wash to kill the dreaded lurgy. Puts a whole new purpose into the concept of money laundering ...
Apparently you can sterilise your notes in a microwave.
The only problem is the metal strips in the notes.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Apparently you can sterilise your notes in a microwave.
The only problem is the metal strips in the notes.

I doubt the small amount of metal will mangle the magnetron. You could use a spare £50 note and give it a try.

Why not just use antibac or pop it in the washing machine on o Hot Wash.

Top Bottom