Really TRUE odd factoids

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chris S

Legendary Member
According to the Metropolitan Police a white person can be the victim of a racially motivated attack by another white person, if another white person thinks they are.

A hate incident is any incident which the victim, or anyone else, thinks is based on someone’s prejudice towards them because of their race, religion, sexual orientation, disability or because they are transgender.

https://www.met.police.uk/advice/advice-and-information/hco/hate-crime/what-is-hate-crime/

T4tomo

Legendary Member
stumbling into NACA territory here chaps. lets keep to proper True odd factoids @Chris S , not ambiguous definitions

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Albino Redwood trees exist but they cannot produce their own food so they are considered parasites because they rely on nutrients from neighbouring trees

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Ant corpses release a chemical when they die. A scientist once recreated this chemical and put it on a live ant. Its ant friends kept bringing it to the graveyard no matter how much it struggled to return.

The loudness of a howler monkey is relative to the size of its testicles. Researchers found that the smaller the testicles, the louder the monkey.

How many read this and thought "yup".

The funding application for that study would have been interesting to read.

I'll be visiting family in Cornwall shortly, so I've looked at maps for possible rides.

On the far coast of Cornwall, there is a tiny hamlet called Barcelona. I was intrigued, so did some research. There isn't much there, but:

Pelynt Football Club - named after the nearby village of Pelynt - played their home matches at Barcelona and had named their ground "the New Camp", due to having the same name as FC Barcelona of Spain who play at the Camp Nou.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/B...!4d-4.502819!16s/m/04zxjg_?hl=en-US&entry=ttu

Tenkaykev

Guru
There's an opposite of "Déjà Vu " called " Jamais Vu " where frequent repetition of writing / saying the same word over and over will make the word become nonsense in our perception.

Top Bottom