Really TRUE odd factoids

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Dolphins sleep with one eye open.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
2001 A Space Odyssey was filmed on 70mm film.

When Nasa went to the moon, they used Hasselblad cameras that normally give square images of 60x/60mm.

'Hasselblad's Appoloblads' had to be modernised with motor winding and various other things to prevent the film plane and ultimately the image, from being distorted from the lack of gravity.

Unfortunately, I have forgotten the precise details, seeing as I last read about this stuff about 20 years ago as a photographic student.

I still have my (very terrestrial) 1967 Hasselblad 500c, though.

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
It's a year ago today, 29th June 2022, since the shortest day so far was recorded.

1.59 milliseconds short of 24 hours!

Last edited:

Joey Shabadoo

The tradition of death row meals started due to a fear of ghosts. In ancient Greece they fed them in order to prevent the people coming back from the underworld as "hungry ghosts" as that was one of their greatest fears.

Dave7

Legendary Member
The tradition of death row meals started due to a fear of ghosts. In ancient Greece they fed them in order to prevent the people coming back from the underworld as "hungry ghosts" as that was one of their greatest fears.

I seriously wonder what % of prisoners take that option up ??
Ohh, they are going to execute me in x hours......mmm think I fancy a bacon and egg sarnie (or caviar).

markemark

Über Member
Saw a program on it a few years back and it’s pretty much steak or KFC for everyone. The also only get a small choice despite the myth of it being anything.

Joey Shabadoo

The co-founder of Encyclopædia Britannica was a 4'6" tall Scot with crooked legs and an enormous nose that he would sometimes augment with a papier-mache version. He deliberately rode the tallest horse available in Edinburgh, dismounting by a ladder to the cheers of onlookers.

Top Bottom