Really TRUE odd factoids

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Muhammad Ali was so scared of flying that he always flew with his own private parachute.

Dave7

Legendary Member
A Foxe's den/burrow is surprisingly large and complex.
It can have between 3 and 5 entrances/exits and can be 8 to 12 feet deep.
Normally they do not sleep in the den** but it the grass close by ** she will use it when having her young or in bad weather.

We were visited by a vixen and her 4 very young cubs (kittens) a couple of days ago.
We subsequently found the den about 300 mtrs away.

A Foxe's den/burrow is surprisingly large and complex.
It can have between 3 and 5 entrances/exits and can be 8 to 12 feet deep.
Normally they do not sleep in the den** but it the grass close by ** she will use it when having her young or in bad weather.

We were visited by a vixen and her 4 very young cubs (kittens) a couple of days ago.
We subsequently found the den about 300 mtrs away.

That's really interesting, thanks for sharing it. I've always liked foxes, and I find it interesting that in some countries like Japan they have a more positive image. Except when they have nine tails, that is; nine tails is a bad sign.

I love the image this gives of Foxes getting all competitive about their dens with visiting vixens saying Oh, Dahling, you have only five entrances? how quaint." And "Well, we don't actually live in it Dahling, we sleep in that patch of grass over there; it has an absolutely lovely view of the hen house..."

colly

Re member eR
Aren’t you a vacuum cleaner cleaner?

And should you get dusty in the process and your partner helps you in the shower....................they would become.......................a vacuum cleaner cleaner cleaner.

Edit: and should you begin to return the favour........................................................

Jameshow

Veteran
I have one out of three then.

I had a hole in one too.....

Bude crazy golf, which we go round twice to get our money's worth! 🤣🤣🤣

markemark

Über Member
And should you get dusty in the process and your partner helps you in the shower....................they would become.......................a vacuum cleaner cleaner cleaner.

Edit: and should you begin to return the favour........................................................

Indeed. And is it possibly to actually clean a vacuum as by definition, it’s kinda empty of everything including dirt?

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I had a hole in one too.....

Bude crazy golf, which we go round twice to get our money's worth! 🤣🤣🤣

I almost had one as a kid on the Vale Of Leven Golf Course.

Hole 15 (probably changed now) we tee off from an elevated position with a gully of Gorse between me and the green. Everyone else (my Dad and brother) lose their balls to the Gorse, but my shot sails right across it all and lands on the green. The ball then rolls towards the hole, but it hits the flag pole and somehow is deflected away.

Bugger.

I then messed it up anyway as, being a kid, I couldn't putt for toffee, so I ended up scoring something like 6 or 7 😆

Last edited:

Dave7

Legendary Member
I had a genuine hole in one. 190 yards at Poulton Park course.
Darts for us was 'round the board' were the best possible finish was 9 darts......I got one of those.
I Used to play a lot of snooker but was really not good. My best ever break was red, colour, red......that was it 🙂

If Prince Charles had died prematurely then Andrew would now be King.

I can imagine that put a lot of would-be revolutionaries in a quandary.

"Comrades! Let us rise up and assassinate the heir to the throne and oppresor of the people..."
(Second in command whispers in his ear...)
"What. Him?..."
(Speaks to audience)
"Comrades! Change of plan..."

Last edited:
Top Bottom