Really TRUE odd factoids

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chris S

Legendary Member
I'm no longer sure which my parents had - they may have had both at different times, but I was too young to remember them.

The one I was thinking of has a curved front panel which opens up as a door.

Possibly a Berkeley?

1024px-1960BerkeleyT60red.jpeg

Dave7

Legendary Member
Just looked it up. You are of course correct.

That is a completely different car to the one I was thinking of. But it wasn't the Morgan either.

The one I was thinking of has a curved front panel which opens up as a door.

Which looking up further was probably the Isetta (bubble car).

I'm no longer sure which my parents had - they may have had both at different times, but I was too young to remember them. I do remember them talking of the bond bug, but I have seen photos of the bubble car.

Fiat 500? I recall a friend had one in the late 60s

T4tomo

Legendary Member
The 21 founder members of the RFU (founded 152 years ago today) would have been 23, except the Wasps representative was sent to the wrong venue at the wrong time for the inaugural meeting, and the Ealing representative, who knew where he was heading, stopped at a pub on the way and never made it.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Cannondale did actually sell this in 1980.
View attachment 676391

The marketing team dropped the ball on that one.

Bike theft is the most common crime in Amsterdam

Nearly 10,000 bicycles are reported stolen per year in Amsterdam. In 2018, 11290 police reports had been made about stolen bikes.

My Bakfiets has a microchip inside and a wheel lock built in, but when I bought it in Ansterdam the shop told me to make sure I had at least two more locks if I left it unattended, or not to let it out of my sight until I was well out of the city.

Top Bottom