Pointless & impractical vehicles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gwylan

Veteran

gbb

Squire
At best that'll give the owner a few extra miles. At worst, it'll make the wheel unbalanced and potentially fall to bits creating a hazard on the road.

My instant reaction was...Well, I can see the thinking (or I assume what was his thinking)...it may extend the range somewhat. But as always, there are negatives.

classic33

Leg End Member
1724929324815.png

Sixmile

Guru
But as utter fun and reliable as it is - it’s completely useless. I can barely fit my man-bag in the boot. Let alone a set of bike wheels which will neither go in the boot or on the passenger seat without interfering with changing gear 🙄 And how the heck would I even consider transporting a full bike………

View attachment 742284

The answer is a Seasucker Komodo bike rack. I regret not buying one when they were down to around the £500 mark. I've a standard seasucker which attached to my MGTF hard top with the rear wheel on the boot lid. The MG whilst not as cheap to run on parts... was surprisingly practical as I could fit a full sized hard acoustic guitar case in the boot with room to spare. Darn I miss that thing :laugh:

Top Bottom