Pointless & impractical vehicles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
452654242_8036379616421022_227432566860810759_n.jpg

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
My daily runner can be included here.

The Worlds cheapest sports car is also the cheapest to run. Over and above servicing / consumables - I’ve literally spent about £0.07p on it in 4 years . Impressive for an 11 year old cheap car to star with. My first ever Japanese car and completely dependable, doors shut with a solid thud and despite being lowered / stiffened etc it rides the UK’s pot-holed roads with gusto and without complaint. Another faultless MOT just passed last week without so much as checking a damned thing 👌

But as utter fun and reliable as it is - it’s completely useless. I can barely fit my man-bag in the boot. Let alone a set of bike wheels which will neither go in the boot or on the passenger seat without interfering with changing gear 🙄 And how the heck would I even consider transporting a full bike………

Shopping for essentials is just about ok. Weekly shop ? Forget it. Unless the sun is out; you’re getting the top down and spreading wares between boot, foot well and your lap. Even then you’d need to buy single filling sandwiches and thin-crust pizza’s…….😉

And being a convertible - it is pretty noisy in the cockpit. So sensible conversation with a passenger also isn’t happening regardless……

All in all - if your a cheapskate singleton with a man-bun. And looking to impress some young girlies (Whilst also owning a genuinely capable car - if you ever do find the elusive speed camera / pothole / traffic-free road): Dive in. This car will fit the bill.

If you’re looking to be able to achieve anything remotely practical. Ever ; move on. As a Third or Fourth car…..perhaps it makes sense. As a daily runner / jack of all trades ? What the actual heck was I thinking…..

IMG_8458.jpeg

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
My daily runner can be included here.

The Worlds cheapest sports car is also the cheapest to run. Over and above servicing / consumables - I’ve literally spent about £0.07p on it in 4 years . Impressive for an 11 year old cheap car to star with. My first ever Japanese car and completely dependable, doors shut with a solid thud and despite being lowered / stiffened etc it rides the UK’s pot-holed roads with gusto and without complaint. Another faultless MOT just passed last week without so much as checking a damned thing 👌

But as utter fun and reliable as it is - it’s completely useless. I can barely fit my man-bag in the boot. Let alone a set of bike wheels which will neither go in the boot or on the passenger seat without interfering with changing gear 🙄 And how the heck would I even consider transporting a full bike………

Shopping for essentials is just about ok. Weekly shop ? Forget it. Unless the sun is out; you’re getting the top down and spreading wares between boot, foot well and your lap. Even then you’d need to buy single filling sandwiches and thin-crust pizza’s…….😉

And being a convertible - it is pretty noisy in the cockpit. So sensible conversation with a passenger also isn’t happening regardless……

All in all - if your a cheapskate singleton with a man-bun. And looking to impress some young girlies (Whilst also owning a genuinely capable car - if you ever do find the elusive speed camera / pothole / traffic-free road): Dive in. This car will fit the bill.

If you’re looking to be able to achieve anything remotely practical. Ever ; move on. As a Third or Fourth car…..perhaps it makes sense. As a daily runner / jack of all trades ? What the actual heck was I thinking…..

View attachment 742284

Best car I've owned an NC 2.0 Sport, really miss it. Could feel everyting going on with the road, everything I've owned since can feel nothing really. Its as you say its useless for anything practical at all. Had to have 2 cars, better if garaged as they rust really badly if some form of protection isn't added. Still the cheapest fun you can have on 4 wheels these days as they are very reliable, just IMVHO. Would love an ND 184.

^^^I can't get into one of those unless the roof is down, and can't even close the door unless I lean across the centre console and part way across the drivers lap.

And yet remarkably in Japan this is a mid-sized sports car. I once had occasion to drive my sister-in-law's Diahatsu Copen which is even smaller, but still packs a surprising acceleration.

Daihatsu_Copen_007.jpg

presta

Guru
It is quite cute, innit.
That wheelie catcher looks too wide to allow it to bank on corners, even with it just tilted on the prop stand it's touching the ground.
^^^I can't get into one of those unless the roof is down, and can't even close the door unless I lean across the centre console and part way across the drivers lap.
The only reason I could get into my TR7 was that there were a couple of lucky flukes. It had a vinyl sun roof which meant the internal roof line was raised about half an inch just above my head, and the gear change between 3rd & 4th was blocked by my left knee except for when I put my foot on the clutch.

Top Bottom