One For Classic Car Fans.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Nor a ruddy great V8 shoehorned in. The two may be connected ^_^

Bloke who lived round the corner from my old flat had one of those, Westfield rather than a Caterham though, I got talking to him and he reckoned he only used 2nd and 5th. Can't see the point myself, OK the Rover/Buick engine is pretty light (for a V8) but if I had one I'd prefer a high rpm Ford/Cosworth 'twin cam' with twin Weber DCOE carbs.

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
Spotted this tidy 1990 Jaguar XJR on this morning's walk. About the same time as I was working at Turbo technics And we were fitting two small Garrett turbos to these for 300 + bhp .

IMG_20240713_072604.jpg

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
Arguably the nicest of the Toyota Celica Cabriolets spotted earlier today, it's often sighted but not normally parked in a position I can get a picture off

View attachment 737783

Back in the day I decided to get the hatchback version on the grounds that it was kind of a modern version of the MGBGT, small and room for a bike in the back. I went to the local dealer to find they'd replaced that model with the new angular design. I didn't like it much but the guy suggested I take it for the weekend and see how I got on. It seemed to do what was expected and I couldn't be bothered to search for alternatives, so I ended up taking it. I still like the look of the older model.

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
Back in the day I decided to get the hatchback version on the grounds that it was kind of a modern version of the MGBGT, small and room for a bike in the back. I went to the local dealer to find they'd replaced that model with the new angular design. I didn't like it much but the guy suggested I take it for the weekend and see how I got on. It seemed to do what was expected and I couldn't be bothered to search for alternatives, so I ended up taking it. I still like the look of the older model.

Had a couple myself as company demonstrators mainly 1.8s but did get the occasional 2.0 and even a GT4 which was fun.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Reg looks very happy in his Fiat ^_^

Top Bottom