One For Classic Car Fans.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
You don't see many of these now, a nice and tidy Renault 16 TL, it's a daily driver too, I see it at the swimming baths a fair bit. 1976 I think, going by the plate.
View attachment 647267

View attachment 647269

Bit 'naughty' having 'black and silver' plates on a 'R' reg car, they should be a white on the front and a yellow on the back but then I suppose if you think a Renault 16 is a classic car then you've gotta be a bit weird, not only that but it is a farking 'auto' too :eek: I'll bet the chances of that making it to the shops and back without breaking down are pretty slim.............. mind at least stopping for a while would let the 'seasickness' subside a bit. :whistle:

tyred

Legendary Member
Today's pickings found behind a shop

IMG_20220605_180436.jpg
Morris 8
IMG_20220605_180408.jpg

Mini
IMG_20220605_180424.jpg

IMG_20220605_180418.jpg

MkII Fiesta, amazing how Ford's baby has grown...

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Sadly my camera didn't fire up in time for the real thing today, but had one of those magnificent pre war Bentley sports cars drive past today whilst we were walking through Castle Combe. It was just like this one and same colour too, albeit not my photo. It wasn't the even more exotic version with the blower on the front but a very fine thing all the same

83092575-7CFB-462A-963D-2EF3607BAC39.jpeg

tyred

Legendary Member
Sadly my camera didn't fire up in time for the real thing today, but had one of those magnificent pre war Bentley sports cars drive past today whilst we were walking through Castle Combe. It was just like this one and same colour too, albeit not my photo. It wasn't the even more exotic version with the blower on the front but a very fine thing all the same

View attachment 647805

It still pisses me off that I missed the chance to photograph what I now know was a 1914 Rolls - Royce out in the wild somewhere near Loughgilphead in 2019. I had buried my camera deep in my pannier as it was just about to start a torrential down pour. Sadly the guy driving it was later killed during the 2019 London to Brighton veteran car run.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Is a Mk2 Fiesta really a classic? I suppose it’s a broad church.
As vehicles from 1982 and before are exempt from VED being classified as 'historic vehicles' and the Mk2 Fiesta was introduced in 1983, it's almost reached that status.

Badger_Boom

Veteran
Is a Mk2 Fiesta really a classic? I suppose it’s a broad church.

I don’t know but I took pictures of this remarkably well preserved mk3 a few weeks ago. ^_^
5E12D6D1-451F-4E6E-B6F4-1016AD61223E.jpeg

77F733D4-E4F0-4703-ACBD-8265205ED882.jpeg

Partially for nostalgic reasons. I had a blue ‘96 Fiesta that was written off when I was rear-ended by a Porsche driving insurance broker.

Top Bottom