One For Classic Car Fans.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My grandad's pride and joy ... MG Magnette.
1647190676130.png

@tyred

There used to be a garage/'collector', on the A644 Brighouse & Denholme Road, which runs between Queensbury & Denholme Gate (north-west of Bradford)
It used to have a heck of a lot of Sierras on the forecourt
The site is cleared now, or was the last time I passed (about a month ago)
Doubtless, when I go again, there'll be houses there:sad:

The images are from January 2011

tyred

Legendary Member
@tyred

There used to be a garage/'collector', on the A644 Brighouse & Denholme Road, which runs between Queensbury & Denholme Gate (north-west of Bradford)
It used to have a heck of a lot of Sierras on the forecourt
The site is cleared now, or was the last time I passed (about a month ago)
Doubtless, when I go again, there'll be houses there:sad:

The images are from January 2011

View attachment 637210

View attachment 637211
View attachment 637212
View attachment 637213
View attachment 637214
Sierras have become an expensive commodity here nowadays. Not so much the hatch or the estate but any Sapphire or 3 door is highly prized by the boy racers and customisers.

I always hated them but they grew on me over the years and nowadays I recognise it for the very bold piece of styling that it was and wouldn't say no to one myself if I'm honest. It was a much more interesting shape than things like Opel Asconas or Nissan Bluebirds.

Sierras have become an expensive commodity here nowadays. Not so much the hatch or the estate but any Sapphire or 3 door is highly prized by the boy racers and customisers.

I always hated them but they grew on me over the years and nowadays I recognise it for the very bold piece of styling that it was and wouldn't say no to one myself if I'm honest. It was a much more interesting shape than things like Opel Asconas or Nissan Bluebirds.
I'd still like the Sierra 4x4 estate

Opel Ascona, the RWD was far preferable to our Cavalier. a neighbour, when I was a kid had a 2-door saloon, a Dolomite Sprint! (sadly the Dolly was on chrome 8-spokes, not the original alloys)
This shape

IMG_3695.jpg

gbb

Squire
I'd still like the Sierra 4x4 estate

Opel Ascona, the RWD was far preferable to our Cavalier. a neighbour, when I was a kid had a 2-door saloon, a Dolomite Sprint! (sadly the Dolly was on chrome 8-spokes, not the original alloys)
This shape

View attachment 637220
I had the 2.0 SR, we take all the gadgets and gizmos as normal now but the SR, while a good spec then, seems simply stone age by todays standards, yet id love mine again.

Top Bottom