One For Classic Car Fans.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I wonder what the insurance would be on a Lamborghini ?

tyred

Legendary Member
I wonder what the insurance would be on a Lamborghini ?
I suspect it might be one of those "if Sir has to ask..." situations.

On the other hand I'd imagine you would probably insure it on some sort of agreed mileage classic type policy as the average Lambo driver is not doing battle in Tesco's car park or pounding up and down the motorways everyday with a boot full of samples. It might not be as expensive as you think.

tyred

Legendary Member
Who needs a Lamborghini when I have a Peugeot :becool:

FishFright

More wheels than sense
Yes, but.

Fiat did a deal with Mazda to disguise the MX5 slightly and sell them as Fiats and Abarths. Unfortunately it would seem that the Fiat versions were not quite as good as the Mazda.

Result is Fiat no longer make them while Mazda continues to sell shedloads of MX5s worldwide…

IIRC The Fiat versions were a bit worse then standard with the Abarth's being a tad better.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
A rather fine Alvis in the High Street today.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Commer camper van. Just the job for a leisurely touring holiday and probably a lot cheaper to buy than the usual classic VW. View attachment 622828
I had one of those. Chassis rusted badly beyond my budget to repair. The sliding side windows were a good feature.
Rolled on corners and you had to bank it a bit like a bike. Needed a heavy pair of boots to drive it.

tyred

Legendary Member
I saw the Commer again today but today I was talking to the owner. He has had it for ten years or so now and will be driving it to the south of France next week. He has made many such trips all over Europe. 1725cc and he has fitted overdrive. He gets 30 mpg driven sensibly he says which is more than I would have thought for a large van.

Proto

Legendary Member
View attachment 632791

View attachment 632792
My Uncle Bob had one in the early 60’s, same colour. We took it to the south of France, I was a very young lad, but I do remember it drew crowds of admirers parked up in Nice. Don’t think he had it long, sold it and bought a Alvin TE21 saloon, also lovely.

PS I worked at Alvis for a few years in the 80’s, sadly not making cars (production ended mid/late 60’s, I think) but Scorpion tanks.

Last edited:

Profpointy

Legendary Member
View attachment 632791

View attachment 632792
They are very very pretty cars aren't they and actually on my list if I do go for a classic car - toss up between the Alvis (albeit the more affordable hard top), a Mk2 / S-type jag or a Tr3a. I'll probably just get a vintage bike, but none on my list are unrealistic cash wise or for practicality

Last edited:
Top Bottom