Olympic Cycling - SPOILERS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Anything Paris 24 cycling related...although I draw the line at BMX (!!!!)

The Mens and Womens TT are on July 27th . Flat as a pancake and 32.4 kms.
Tarling, Ganna and Remco are the only ones with a shout, if you believe the bookies.
Dygert odds on
The Mens RR is on August 3rd and is 272 kms of punchy stuff.
The bookies favour MVDP, Mads P, WVA amongst a much more open field.

The Womens RR is on August 4th and only 157 kms ( I'm not sure but I believe the women run the same distance in the marathon...)
Open betting with Lotte Kopecky favourite from Vos

Last edited:

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Anything Paris 24 cycling related...although I draw the line at BMX (!!!!)

Not even BMX racing?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
The BBC don't have blanket coverage of the Olympics any more and my final Eurosport subscription ran out yesterday. I might sign up for a few months of Discovery+ at the ex-Eurosport bargain rate of £3.49/month then cancel it until the spring.

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
ITT or RR?

`RR WVA is 6/1 and Remco 13/2 so no difference really

TT Remco is 3/1 and WVA is 28/1

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
The BBC don't have blanket coverage of the Olympics any more and my final Eurosport subscription ran out yesterday. I might sign up for a few months of Discovery+ at the ex-Eurosport bargain rate of £3.49/month then cancel it until the spring.
Or just use a VPN to make https://www.france.tv/paris-h24/direct.html think you are in France.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
:rolleyes: You could have just pointed out my error. But hey ho.
I did!
I was sort of wondering why Remco wasn't among the favourites. I agree with you / bookies, Tarling, Remco and Ganna shuld be the ones battling it out. Fingers crossed for Tarling!

RR could be anyone, with such small squads I reckon a small group will get off the front late on and then it will be who has the best sprint legs from that selection.

Last edited:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Or just use a VPN to make https://www.france.tv/paris-h24/direct.html think you are in France.
Unfortunately, my French isn't up to following cycling commentaries for hours!

I would be doing other things while the coverage was on in the background. With an English commentator I would look up when something sounded interesting. In French I would be relying more on the tone of voice and would miss all the subtleties.

Reactions: mjr

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Unfortunately, my French isn't up to following cycling commentaries for hours!

I would be doing other things while the coverage was on in the background. With an English commentator I would look up when something sounded interesting. In French I would be relying more on the tone of voice and would miss all the subtleties.
Well, if Carlton is doing commentary, you'll probably miss the bleeding obvious as well as the subtleties! 😉

It looks like most of the road racing will be on one of the two BBC streams and I expect they'll show the track when there's either a GB chance or nothing better on, but I guess it isn't guaranteed. Ironically, in buying the TV rights, Warner Brothers have gambled on viewers being willing to pay not to gamble!

Top Bottom