Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Shower has passed just to the south. Looks like it dumped its load on Littleport instead.

postman

Squire
We have got a problem,at the moment the guy is away buying the pipe or tubing for the long run under the cabinets.He has asked us to empty one more unit,he is going to cut open the back of the unit to see where some pipe work is going.But glory be ,there is a hole cut perfectly in to the panel with a modern joint showing, we might just have got some good luck.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
@Reynard By coincidence, the connection between Arsenal, interment and Gunnersbury came up on this afternoon's Brain of Britain programme. I rarely have the slightest clue what's going on in that programme so I was dead chuffed to have the answer before the quizzees.

Put the battery back in the mower, and it started with the first turn of the key.

That's a weight off my mind, and I can now get down to tackling the weeds, umm, sorry, grass that make up my excuse for a lawn. Although I will skirt around the big drifts of forget-me-nots, and won't cut those until they've self-seeded.

They turned up in my garden randomly many years ago, and given how much they've spread, they obviously like it here. :smile:

postman

Squire
Final report and sorry if it should have gone in another section.Job done,pipework had corroded set in concrete 30 years ago.It was the top sticking out.Solution was a bypass with that that modern white bendy pipe.So the bill,don't forget I was quoted £65 call out and first hour,then £ 60 per hour after so he arrived at 13-00 and left just after 17-15.Materials were a long piece of piping and a few joints.Final cost and we were stunned £ 275, we were so grateful we have him £ 20 as a tip.

Last edited:
Top Bottom