Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
This is now Three Years Old.
And we didn't get it a card :sad:

Ooops, I just may have acquired another small collection of photos for my archive... :whistle:

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
My daughter bribed me to go to her flat and put up some IKEA shelves. I have all the tools and fixings and I know how to do it. It should have taken less than an hour but IKEA had other ideas. On every bracket there was a glossy plastic label wrapped around the 4mm diameter metal wire......and they really don't want to move. Finger nails could find an edge but they don't peel. I tried using a pan scrubber which was good at trashing the label but left a tenacious sticky slime that refused to move. After 25 minutes on one label, I gave up and put the shelves up with the labels in place. Fortunately, I have some entirely evil planet-busting, global warming solvents at home to deal with this.

Do you think that Greta would have a word with her moronic fellow countrymen?

Last edited:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
My daughter bribed me to go to her flat and put up some IKEA shelves. I have all the tools and fixings and I know how to do it. It should have taken less than an hour but IKEA had other ideas. On every bracket there was a glossy plastic label wrapped around the 4mm diameter metal wire......and they are really don't want to move. Finger nails could find an edge but they don't peel. I tried using a pan scrubber which was good at trashing the label but left a tenacious sticky slime that refused to move. After 25 minutes on one label, I gave up and put the shelves up with the labels in place. Fortunately, I have some entirely evil planet-busting, global warming solvents at home to deal with this.

Do you think that Greta would have a word with her moronic fellow countrymen? View attachment 491715
White Spirit should shift the residue.

Top Bottom