Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
It's got your attention.
If it's old technology fluorescent replace it. The control gear doesn't really like the starting mode.
If it's a 5 foot or bigger and it has one, replace the starter too.

If it's under unit lighting expect to replace all of the lamps. Their life expectancy is pretty uniform. That way, at least they will be all the same colour temperature. If that sort of thing bothers you.

Trivia alert: in the late '90s one of the world's biggest fluorescent starter plants was in Costa Rica.

Do be careful of the myths around LED energy saving replacements. Including life claims.
The payback is measured in millennia.

My opinions, based on some, limited fact and experience ...

I've fitted a LED tube in our walk in wardrobe (not as posh as it sounds) and it works fine, but LED bulbs seem particularly unreliable.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Of course you can. The necessary bits will cost more than a replacement bath, not really work, flood somewhere else in the house but keep you occupied for days.

Experience?

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Fingers and paws crossed for you, Postie xxx

I'm keeping my legs crossed.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Turned out a better day than expected with a bit of sunshine but a few showers.
Managed a walk and good job I put on a heavy jacket as it was not warm it and felt like I will soon need gloves on for walks. I already use light gloves for trike runs.
One notable feature was no birdlife apart from what can only have been a wren flitting across my path at one point. This tallies with my trike runs beside the Mishnish Lochs where there used to be lots of water borne birds but nowadays nothing is to be seen.
The holiday home opposite clearly is doing his best to p--- off the peasants who live here. Bins are put out blocking our cars and one was fortunately empty when it blew over blocking a neighbour's car. Still there two days later. Quite unnecessary as the address and main entrance is on a different street.
I had a spat with him when he waited until the wind blew away from his house and then built large bonfires which covered our cars in a thick layer of ash. Our local plod happened to be walking past once and told me he could charge him with all sorts of offences if I wished to pursue the matter. Too much bother but I think it rattled the b as he has not had any since then.

Top Bottom