Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Showers of rain but mostly a clear day tho' still very cold.
Jabbed for flu and covid this morning before driving down to the ferry terminal.
Some spectacularly bad and bad mannered driving and the single track road was a bit hard work with oncoming rally wonks who all think they are superior drivers and you should just get out of their way. I did meet one lot who tried to make me reverse a few hundred yards rather than twenty yards for them but they could not and went up the verge instead.

Cannot find the post just now but the doctor's surgery report phone problems and asks us the bare with them till it is fixed.
Quite appropriate I think and I did resist the urge to make quip in reply.^_^

Ferry crossing was smooth and viz not bad so could see down the Firth of Lorne and pick out Jura and the tips of Islay mountains.
Very nostalgic as I used to sail around there. Once my crew member nearly got chucked overboard as he did not take the compass course I had given but though it a good idea to take a shortcut through the Torran Rocks while I was down below in the cabin consulting charts. We did get through unscathed but only by celestial help.:ohmy:

Last edited:

Mike_P

Guru
Sunny but chilly walk to the Co-op at lunch time. A proper plastic Tesco Clubcard turned up lunchtime. Farewell the app or do I still need it ?
Sainsbury's this evening for the latest stock up on cheap milk and need to wave a Nectar voucher at the help desk that I forgot to use last time - too use to such being automatic off the app.

I had a very gentle bicycular bimble - probably about 4 miles in total. Just wanted a bit of fresh air. Spotted a few escaped potatoes in the verge, so stopped to pick them up. They'll make a nice pot of chips. :hungry:

Wind was very cold, though not the 16,000 mph on the BBC website. I could've done with wearing a fleece beanie under my skid lid. My ears are still tingling!

Top Bottom