Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Ice cream van has just driven past playing the waltz from the Merry Widow 😎

That means they've run out of ice cream.

Cool and grey here chez Casa Reynard.

Did not sleep so well, and have woken up lurgified - ear ache, itchy eyes, sore throat and rather chesty. Suspect I picked this up when I went to the dispensary on Tuesday to retrieve the parental's prescription. That place is like lurgi central. Will do a covid test later just to check - as I have to take my car for its MOT tomorrow, and I'm supposed to meet up with a friend while that's happening. Hopefully it's just a summer cold / 24 hour thing.

I am having a lazy day watching coverage from Paris and editing some writing.

This laptop is a lenovo - a refurbished T460.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
So far the weather forecast for this part of the world has been 100% wrong as it's been spotting with rain all morning and with a bit of a chill to the breeze.

I went back to the car for the lunch break and promptly dozed off for about 40 minutes. Similar to @Reynard I'm wondering if I've picked something up or the week's constant switching from the warm outside to air conditioned trains or car has caused something as I have a sore throat and a distinct lack of energy.

So far the weather forecast for this part of the world has been 100% wrong as it's been spotting with rain all morning and with a bit of a chill to the breeze.

I went back to the car for the lunch break and promptly dozed off for about 40 minutes. Similar to @Reynard I'm wondering if I've picked something up or the week's constant switching from the warm outside to air conditioned trains or car has caused something as I have a sore throat and a distinct lack of energy.

There's definitely lurgies doing the rounds at the moment, probably because people have been spending more time indoors due to the crappy weather this summer.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Dog's been walked. Pots are about to be watered, from the butt, today, as it's half full.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Damp start but no heavy rain as forecast threatened and later it stopped being even damp.
The drive down to Craignure illustrated the value of high viz in poor conditions. One cyclist hardly visible and a couple of runners plus one walking and all wearing dark clothing. I did see them but they were nearly invisible.
Sat at the ferry terminal for a while people watching. Thin, fat, tall, short all rushing about looking for tickets or toilets and trying to get into the chocolate shop cafe which was shut.
A lot of beards, many of biblical proportions and lots of hippy looking ones with straggly buns and straggly beards. Strangely lots of them had tiny children at the barely walking stage running around in among the cars.
First off the incoming ferry was Alistair[ Lightning ] Stevenson with the Sunday papers. He was a delivery driver for a parcel company for years and travelled at not much below light speed.
Some people with e bikes came off. I would hesitate to call them cyclists and strangely one woman was wearing a skirt.
Last off was the Coop lorry with his right foot planted hard on the throttle before he even reached the main road. He has to get to Tobermory and back for another ferry with lots of wandering cars in front so no hanging around.
There is some unwritten rule I cannot understand. No matter which lane I am in on the ferry it is last off.
The Barra ferry was discharging before us so about 200 cars suddenly trying to get away. Massive traffic jam but I was able to take a back road to the supermarket.
Sometimes I win.:becool:

tyred

Legendary Member
I decided against going for a ride as I'd mislaid my snorkel and flippers.

I tidied up my flat instead and make a bigger mess than I started with!

Out now for my usual Sunday evening music fix. There's a woman here who would be Accy's ideal match as she's wearing a hat and dressed very elegantly. Looks a bit out of place in here to be honest.

Top Bottom