Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
got some over the counter hearing aids for my mother. figured them out & tried them out. they help a lot. I don't have to shout anymore & she can hear me from another room

unfortunately she can not use them on her own due to physical disabilities & my siblings are not good w/ electronics, various settings or reading manuals. she can only use them when I'm here. super frustrating

classic33

Leg End Member
1722087782369.png

Police Lost, Found & Seized Property & Proceeds Of Crime Auction

Do these things really work, given the auction.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Rather mixed day started sunny but then cloudy and a bit colder before sun came out and it got hot in the afternoon.
Down to the chemist at 0930 and nowhere to park so I just double parked outside the shop. Two cars with no blue badges in the blue badge spaces.
Up to my garden after lunch to rearrange some rubbish and take some down nearer the house for taking to the dump.
Decided to shift my ICE recumbent to a different shed as it was obstructing access to my tools. The door of the other shed is narrow so had to get it in sideways.
Once finished a neighbours's young labrador somehow got past my garden gate but I could not shut the gate until he was out. He thought this was a great game and ran round in circles so I could not catch him and he would not go out but eventually I managed.
Knackered.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
I suppose it stops Northern Rail from having to bother with delay repay claims.
Hopefully LNER don't have the same policy for my trip up on Monday

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Nice little 45 miles in the afternoon sunshine when all I set out to do was just a gentle, shorter loop. Tea time next and sausages, egg & beans are on the menu.
After that I'm still to decide whether to pop into Felixstowe to see the 'Counterfeit Brits' as part of the carnival - cover bands aren't normally my thing but as it's free and there may be a beer tent...

Tesco has been tescoed.

Picked up pollock, salmon, sea bass and diced lamb on sticker, along with sprouting broccoli, spinach and kale. Did a full shop - the first time since the fridge and freezer went *fzzzt* so am all stocked up on everything again.

I also had to buy a new tv remote, as the parental has fubared the one for the downstairs TV by pressing the buttons far too hard, and now none of them work.

Had toast with egg mayonnaise and a :cuppa: for supper. And I got to watch some fencing.

Now just plan on a nice quiet evening.

Top Bottom